Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit a deer this morning...

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Hit a deer this morning...

ok, story time. i usually try not to steel someones thunder when they are telling their story, but since others have started, i'll join in.

i was leaving the on base motorcycle training at the norfolk naval station heading back towards the ships that night. there is a single road that goes between the air side (where the safety training was) and the pier side of the base. i was riding my bike along this road not paying much attention and adjusting my mirrors. then i heard a sort of buzzing sound. it got a bit loader and i thought it sound like the props from a plane. so i look up and realize that a big cats eye radar plane is crossing the road in front of me. (yeah it's weird but norfolk is setup that way). anyway, i hit the brakes and the rear tire started sliding out. (this is the cool part) somehow i put my right foot down as the bike was sliding sideways and pulled off the most amazing japanese animation biker side-slide ever! i stopped and looked up. i was close enough to see the pilots looking back down at me and realized that if i had gone another 10 feet, i would have run right into the propeller indiana jones style.

the odd thing to me was that while this was happening i thought that it was definitely the end for me and for some reason i felt really calm. strange huh?

Great stories guys!

It is amazing how calm you can be when you are so fully pumped with adrenaline.
    It really seems the whole thing took less that a few seconds, but trying to replay it in my head, it seems like forever.

HHMMM< maybe adrenaline is the key to time travel...lol!

BTW: Some may know what CBDR is but are the rest of you curious? That is the thing that is the funniest to me. I INSTANTLY thought that.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Great stories. I'm glad both you and your bike came out of the encounter ok, Airbozo. That's not something that happens very often.

As long as we're sharing stories.. Not me (I've had to good fortune to have never had any major accidents), but a friend of mine back in high school. In two years he went through three cars, every one of them because a deer ran into the side of them (well, or so he says).

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    BTW: Some may know what CBDR is but are the rest of you curious? That is the thing that is the funniest to me. I INSTANTLY thought that.
    Constant Bearing, Decreasing Range? That seems to most likely from the various results Google gave me.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Glad to hear that you are ok Terry.

I am going to stick to my original plea for you to write a book on your life. Every time you tell us a story from your past or current experiences they completely captivate me and I find myself wanting to read more when I am finished with the paragraph.

Jesus Terry! Anyone else would have been dead, I don't know how you do it but I'm starting to wonder if you are a terminator. Also loved the story telling, lol, the moment of serenity and sympathy with eye contact just prior to the ****ting the pants and slamming the brakes. Priceless! +rep for being a badassed deer terminator