Thread: ipod touch needs battery

Default ipod touch needs battery

I took a long roadtrip and let my itouch 2 gen die. Now when I plug it in I get the a red battery symbol with a little lightning underneath it. It flashes between that and an apple logo. Does this mean I need a new battery?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: ipod touch needs battery

nope, it means you have trouble charging. just keep it plugged in, and screw with it for a while and itll turn on
    Not dead yet

for a while you'll get te apple logo, then the red bar, eventually it'll work
    Not dead yet

Its not turning on after being plugged in for 3 hours.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

how old is the battery? I know i found my ipod after a year with a dead battery, and it took me 3 to 4 days playing with it... you can replace the battery too, as once it goes flat its easier... and you get more life too.
    Not dead yet

The ipod is from 2009. I watched some online videos showing the replacement process

ifixit.com has the best manuals for the ipod. the 2/3g are a PITA to open, but get easier once you know what you're doing
    Not dead yet