Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What does your workspace look like at this moment?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: What does your workspace look like at this moment?

Woah...didn't notice the size of SXR's pics earlier...I must have opened a bunch of tabs at once and it was loaded by the time I got to it. I just have photobucket set to automatically resize anything I upload to 1024x768 (or whatever scaling fits in that size box), so there should never be problems with mine...well, unless you're on dial-up...or really crappy DSL...sorry Fuga..

Anyways, finally getting mine here.
    'Office'/in-house workshop:

Desk:

Electronics worktable:

Workshop/shop:

I promise, I'm gonna get rid of those cabinets some day...today, maybe...yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Big pics? I didn't notice

And x88x - having a fire-extinguisher in your work area? That just shows a profound lack of confidence

On a seperate note - after starting to tidy up a bit and getting all of my paint in one place instead of dotted all over the house.....

I think I need to paint something and STOP buying paint lol
    Last edited by slaveofconvention; 05-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    And x88x - having a fire-extinguisher in your work area? That just shows a profound lack of confidence
    Well, when I realized that more and more of my projects were involving high voltage and/or current levels...and/or fire....I decided it would be a good idea.. Haven't had to use one yet, but it's nice to have them (yes, them.. ) handy just in case.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by PauL View Post
    Why yes they are. The idea of putting my desk in front of the window was so I could see out of it but my monitor is way too big and standing the speakers up next to the monitor would just take up more room; as you can tell, I'm already covering half the window viewing space up. I don't use the speakers that often so it doesn't bother me too much having them back there.
    it you're looking to possibly give them a new home let me know. WE could probably work something out.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    it you're looking to possibly give them a new home let me know. WE could probably work something out.
    I'm transfering to another college next fall and I haven't really thought of what to do with my speakers yet since I'll being moving into a dorm but I'll keep your offer in mind. May just leave them with my brother and snag them back after college, but again, I'll remember your offer
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Old thread, but since I cleaned up my workshop a bit today I figured I'd drop a pic of it here. Stitched together a few snaps from my phone, so forgive the halos and other bizarre effects.

This is half of a one car garage. All framing and everything else I've done myself. Cabinets are from IKEA (kitchen cabinets, yes). Desktop is 3/4" plywood with 3/4" black stained MDF and a 2x2 nailed to the edge. The black kick panels below support the worktop and pass electrical, air and hides my subwoofer. Visible through the window is cabinets above my home office desk. Laser cutter (currently with dead tube) is barely visible at right.

Got a bit more cleaning to do, and some older laser cutter stock to put up for sale to get it out of my way, but it's a huge start. Hopefully I can keep it cleaner and more functional instead of letting it turn into a pile of crap again.

Now I need more modding victims.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

You've got 2 in the mail...
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

here is my setup in the server room.. i work in here when i want to get away from the peeps on the floor, also so i can watch some HULU.com when I work, lol..

and here is my setup out on the floor at my desk..
    like I said, i dont sit out here to much, spend most time in the server room..

BTW, My work Laptop that is powering both setups, is a Dell Latitude 6550, 15.6" led screen, SandyBridge Core i5 2410m @ 2.3Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, GeForce NVS 4200M 512MB. Win 7 Enterprise 64Bit.
    I love it, and it has a back lit full keyboard and number pad.

Here's my setup.

I've got three Dell U2412M monitors in 3x1 portrait mode Eyfinity running off of one 2Gb HD 6950.

The desk is a reclaimed door that's a pretty rough version of a safe room door. I didn't have time or money to make it really nice. Speakers are custom made GLaDOS speakers with a Companion Cube sub woofer. The pill bottle is from Left 4 Dead and houses the speaker amp. The bottle cap clicks up and down and rotates to control on/off as well as volume.

I'd like to get a triple monitor stand and longer Displayport cables, but that would be like . . . at least $100 and I'd rather do a DIY livelight than have a stand, so I'll probably do that next. Enjoy!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

ROFL!!!!

I thought I was a portal nerd.