Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Default Re: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Awesome job as usual. I think you've sanded enough to make our hands hurt too!
    Is this one getting heavy? It looks like weighs a bit.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Overclocked

Thanks buddy! Unfortunately it weighs around 8 kgs but I couldnt achieve all that depth and 3d effects without sacrificing something!

Overclocked

So guys here I am after a long period of time cause as most people know I moved to my new place! Wasnt an easy case for me as I had to move a lot of things and also I had to make the desks and tables by myself due to lack of money.
    I am back and I will be away from this project for some time again, as I have to make a new mod in only one month, in order to show it on the latest Campus Party in Spain. Difficult task yet I have to work really hard to make it to the deadline.

I primed the top part before I moved to the new house with the filler primer and when I finished the new house I start sanding it, in order to fix any imperfections by adding isopon and more filler primer at the end.

I will not comment between the pictures as it is sanding, filling, primer and the repeat till the final 2 primer coats.

But first lets see what I got from the sponsors!
    My thanks goes to MSI and Coolermaster!

And now the work I did these last days on the mod.
    The top part is ready for final inside primer coats and black matte with some candy blue touches at the end.

A random sunset shot not something professional though lolz

Thats all for now guys, I am glad I got back to my work and off course amongst you.
    I would like to dedicate this update and this mod to my friend Syrillian who passed out recently from cancer.
    As I told before I will put this mod on hold once more as I am going to build a new one so I will see you over the new small worklog!

Thanks for reading my worklog guys, till the next update, peace!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

About time you started working on this!!!

Overclocked

I did but I will put in on hold again as I said on the update!

Overclocked

So I am back after a long time (due to my trip to Spain and my new mod) and the first thing I did, was to experiment with various paints and techniques on the main part of the mod.
    After a discussion I had with my friend and fellow modder voigts, we agreed that one single color on this big piece wouldnt look nice, especially the black color. So after a lot of experiments I conclude to that I had to use a kind of texture painting effect, as it looks like a modern "building". I aint going to comment between the pictures but you are going to see the process between the different stages of experimenting. I would love to hear your opinion and as always I will take notes and follow accordingly!

Also I cut some holes for the USB 3 and.... lets start with a "modded" snack!

So....

The technique of this texture painting was using silver with black, 2 different brushes and also I created darker spots fading out to lighter ones as a "fake" lighting effect. It has a glossy surface which I am going to make it ever more glossy by adding acrylic varnish. If you like it though...

Thats all for now guys, I am glad to be back on this project and with all of my friends here, tell me your opinions and ideas and until next time, peace!!!

Overclocked

Time for one more update guys! This is a very random update with some of the things I did during these days.

Lets begin with the GPU modification. As many of you might now, there isnt any full waterblock for the GTX 560 Ti or at least there wasnt till the day I was searching for one so I had to find a solution. I found a kit from Arctic Cooling but I didnt have money for the universal GPU block so... improvising time!!

First of all I disassembled the card by removing the heatsink and inspecting the card further.

I also removed that heatsink in order to attach the Arctic Cooling ones but later I changed my mind as you will see in the process.

You will see that I decided to use the fins along with that original heatsink for 2 reasons. The first reason is that the fins that came with the package there were insufficient and also the size of them wasnt correct. The second reason is that by combining the fins with the heatsink I can hypothetically improve the cooling. So I attached the fins with an adhesive thermal paste.

As I couldnt afford to buy a waterblock for the GPU (also no access to a cnc mill) I had to dig in my water cooling stuff to find a solution. The only compatible in a way block I could find was a Heatkiller CPU block which with some modification would fit just right! So I start measuring and marking the block.

One note to all of my modder friends out there! Working with stainless steel by hand its a PITA for sure!!! It took me 45 minutes to find a proper way to drill 4 holes!! I had to use a cone carbide drill bit after I did some reading on the webs. Also I used some reinforced discs on my dremel to do the cuts.

I polished the copper too as it was really messy lolz!

That backplate came with the Arctic Cooling set.

And after this and that I finished my custom made waterblock and now the card is finished and ready for some tests (crossing fingers!)

Now some other things I did. USB holder modding in process...

Spacers cut and filed after measuring the proper distance between the top part and the USB holder....

Holes for the Bitspower's fan controller....

Clamped the face of the controller to make perfect holes the ghetto way!

Finished!!!

And finally the creation of the power and restart buttons. I cut 1 mm clear acrylic to glue it on the back of the buttons, sanded it, glued it, filled it and last I attached the part from the switch on them. And yes... I also painted them blue candy! I have to tell you that the combination of the colors will look awesome as I did some minor tests with the various items and colors to see how it look and I have to admit that it looks pretty nice!

Thats all for now guys, till next time, Peace!!!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Still looking amazing dude!

Overclocked

Thanks bro!!!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

WOW!! that thing is looking amazing!