Thread: Case suggestions

Default Case suggestions

I have some components that I'm looking at putting back into service but they don't have a home right now.

I had done one case mod in the past as a gift to me dear mum. Simple mod, turned a beige case a nice cobalt blue and gave it a high-gloss enamel finish. Nothing fancy, no cutting or sculpting, but hey, 'twas her favourite colour and the hardware worked well.

Because this would be for me, I'm willing to go a little crazier. Plus, my girlfriend and I just bought a house together and the previous owner, a carpenter, had his wood shop set up in the basement.

Basement workroom + owned house + nerd + artist girlfriend = feeling the moddin' itch big time.

I had posted here previously, ages ago, regarding some Silent Hill themed mods and the like, and I may well go back to those, but first things first: I need a case.

I checked NewEgg and much to my dismay, there were a lot of black cases and premodded cases, but precious few cases that were boring beige, had good amounts of space, intelligent layouts, and looked ripe for modding.

Is there a case available these days that is a favourite around here as a "blank canvas" for modding?

I'm looking for:
    -Inexpensive - I'd hate to take a Dremel to a $150 case.
    -Spacious and easy to work in - I'd like this to be a functional PC as well as a work of art.
    -Preferably no rail/bracket mounts for drives - just screwholes in the bays. Rails always seem to disappear on me.
    -Beige/white, unless black/coloured is as easy to mod. I would think not but then I'm a mod noob, so what do I know?

Thanks!

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Case suggestions

Well, you could head to pawn shops and thrift stores for cheap, older, BEIGE, ATX cases.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta