Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plexiglas cutting/design help

Default Re: Plexiglas cutting/design help

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Yes I'm going to use SMD LED strips to light it. Now you have me redoing my design lol. I can't find a honeycomb mod anywhere to look for ideas.... I'm still trying to figure it out.

Suggestions welcome.
    I think the current design would look better (to me) if each hexagon was defined. It really doesn't even matter how, just as long as it's hinted that there's more organization there. Do you have a rotary tool? Maybe you could route a shallow groove to outline all the hexagons in the clear acrylic and then light all the edges of that.

I think the front fan grills would look like they were accidentally placed the way they are unaligned. Unless you're going for a completely unsymmetrical look, they should be organized somehow. Currently, they just look haphazard to me. If you are trying for unsymmetrical, you should continue that theme with other parts of the case.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Here is my new design. The Gray will be black. Its just gray so you can see the depth.

Comments welcome.

It's more interesting than the original design.

Any special plans for the interior? Or the top or other side of the case? What are you thinking about when you're designing this? Any goals?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I just decided on a honeycomb themed case. I've haven't seen one yet even after searching Google. I am thinking about that nano mod in the CM11 competition. I completely admire that guys work and think it would work well when combined with a honeycomb theme.

ATX Mental Case RogueOpportunist's Avatar

I'm liking the newer side panel look better as well but agree that the plain window in the middle kind of throws the look off a little.

As an idea, what if you made the window out of a combination of orange plexi and smoked plexi "honeycomb" cutouts that you could then adhere to a thin piece of clear plexi to hold it all in place? You could do it up the same way you would tile a floor, heck you could even use spacers and "grout" the plexi tiles with some colored silicon afterwards, depending on how you did it you could even lay some small LED's into the channels between tiles to help illuminate everything.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Actually, I think the combination of Black Orange AND grey works really well - I know you only put the grey in for demonstation purposes but that looks really sweet imo..

Course, you COULD argue that I'm biased about Orange and Grey...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

haha... with the honeycomb you could market that bad boy to google.
    Not dead yet