Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom's having Hamstring Surgery

Default Re: Mom's having Hamstring Surgery

Dude, that sounds agonising. Do they have idea of the cause of such a major injury? Is that not one of the biggest tendons in the human body?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Weird complication but it's great to here it's been worked out.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

@dr.walrus - Given the unusual scar tissue Dr. Price found, the theory we have come to is that the actual detachment was the end result of a series of injuries, each causing moderately more damage. As I mentioned before, she had twisted her "knee" about a month ago, and it had been hurting ever since. She also had slipped on some wet moss while feeding the horses a couple of weeks ago, and she complained of her "hip" hurting. (I mentioned she might want to get it checked out then, but she just dismissed it as "getting older.") The best we can determine is that her attempt to run without stretching was the last straw, causing the tendon to detach. It makes the most sense given the situation, because while Mom tends to push herself very hard when she works around the farm, she knows her own physical limits and when she should call it a day.

@x88x - Dr. Price thought so too. He told us that he had never had that happen before any of the other times he has done this procedure. In part, it's what led us to suspect that the detachment was the result of multiple injuries. He did say that the next time he has to do this surgery for someone, he will make certain to check for crimped nerves.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Happy to say that Mom got to come home yesterday afternoon, just in time for my birthday today. She is doing as well as can be expected. From here, it is 6 weeks of wearing a brace on her left leg 24/7, followed by 2-6 months of physical therapy. Thank-you to all the TBCS members who have prayed and supported, and if you would I would ask that you continue to do so.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Great to hear!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER