Thread: Internal Speakers

Default Internal Speakers

I bought this case http://www.xoxide.com/apevia-xqpack2-window-gold.html for my build. The first thing I noticed after opening the case was meshing on the left and right side of the case. Then the idea. Wouldn't it be cool to add speakers internally? I've come here to ask the experts. how can I accomplish this? Most speakers are powered with an external PS. If at all possible I want to eliminate this and drive the speaker power from the PSU. My goal is to eliminate as many external connections as possible. Ultimately I wil have just a monitor and power. I'm already running a Logitech mouse and keyboard from a single bluetooth controller. Thoughts, suggestions and/or ideas appreciated.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Internal Speakers

Well, just so you know, the speakers probably aren't going to sound that great, but if that doesn't bother you, go for it! I remember seeing a 5.25" bay speaker set you could use as a starting point, but it's been a couple years since I last saw it and I don't remember where they were selling. Another route you could take is to find a 2.0-channel speaker set that uses an external power adapter to bring the voltage down to 12V or less. That way you can either make/buy a DC-DC power adapter or just run it straight off a PSU rail (if it happens to want 12,8.2,7,5,3.3, or 1.2V).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors

you could probably use this

http://store.mp3car.com/TDA7850_Inte..._p/com-140.htm

just find a place to mount it internally and hook it up to your audio header.

The simplest option is to use the normal 12V (or whatever) wall-wart to power the amp/speakers, mounting it "as-is" somewhere within the PC chassis, although it might need a little cooling if rated for significant output wattage - you could then draw the power cord outside the chassis (ie, as a second AC receptacle plug). Or you could splice your own in-chassis AC/DC power connections if you know how (I don't recommend altering your PSU innards unless expert). You could wire it up any way you like: always-on, through a switch, even through a PCI/PCIe relay card.

I've seen people basically mount a 4-5 outlet power bar inside their PC chassis (again, just drawing the power cord out to plug in separately), allowing them to plug audio amps, network hubs, and all sorts of other stuff directly directly into the chassis interior.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Car stereos work perfectly fine with Computer power supplies. So do car amps (upto a point, you'll need a inline capacitor if you want to run a high wattage type of amplifier)