Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have Diabetes :(

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: I have Diabetes :(

Quote Originally Posted by Beta-brain View Post
    New research just released in the UK says that type 2 diabetes can be reversed by nothing more than a severe low-calorie diet.

Researchers say the "remarkable" discovery proves that a simple eight-week diet can do away with the need for years of expensive medication.

This discovery might seem a bit simplistic but for years Peptic ulcers were operated on and many people suffered with them for years before some Australian researchers discovered they were caused by bacteria and could be treated with drugs that killed the bacteria so here's hoping this new treatment works.

or... you could just get off your lazy a@# and exercise for 45 minutes every other day.

could be treated with drugs that killed the bacteria
    Yay! menicillin/penicillin resistant H. pylori.P bacteria here we come!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    or... you could just get off your lazy a@# and exercise for 45 minutes every other day.
    Unfortunately just exercising may not do it. They are actually putting the body into borderline starvation causing it to use up it's fatty stores. The amount of exercise you would have to do to go into this state would consume your every waking moment.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Unfortunately just exercising may not do it.
    and unfortunately just diet alone may not do it.

in fact it won't do it.

maybe temporarily it'll reduce your weight, but you'll put it back on later. almost 90% of individuals who lose weight thought dieting put it back on (and more often then not more then before) with in 5 years.

like my ex, she was 144lbs when we split. i guess she got lazy and now has to be well over 220lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    and unfortunately just diet alone may not do it.

in fact it won't do it.

maybe temporarily it'll reduce your weight, but you'll put it back on later. almost 90% of individuals who lose weight thought dieting put it back on (and more often then not more then before) with in 5 years.

like my ex, she was 144lbs when we split. i guess she got lazy and now has to be well over 220lbs.
    It is not about losing weight, it is about depleting the fat stores in an internal organ. I know a lot of type 2's that are skinny as a bean pole but that doesn't mean they are healthy. It isn't a diet to control diabetes it is a possible cure by trimming the fat from the organ not the BMI.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Diet is more important than exercise for controlling type 2 diabetes. Exercise helps because your body burns more carbohydrates when it is being used (this is why you can't just cut carbs out completely). However, it is a whole lot easier to just lower your intake of carbohydrates in the first place.

Oneslowz28 is following the diabetic diet with 5 to 6 small meals a day. The smaller portions and fewer carbs will make a person loose some weight. I lost 60 pounds in about 4 or 5 months after being diagnosed with type 2. After all that weight was lost, I can control mine with diet alone.

Keeping that weight off and staying in control with just diet requires a lifestyle change. I am certain that our friend who started this thread can do it.

Sorry to hear this man I know really nothing about diabetes, but I read a little about it. I am very sorry to hear this

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I have a lengthy reply to post but dont feel like typing it right now. I am 7 hours into a 12 hour BBQ roast and am about as tired as one can get.