Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a truck and I have a question for you paint guys

Default Re: Buying a truck and I have a question for you paint guys

Air compressor is a check everything else id have to buy
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I have this gun from Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-h...gun-47016.html. It works great. Fuganater is right. Sand sand sand. Primer... sand some more, primer again, guide coat, sand some more, then once it's all even, base and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I have this gun from Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-h...gun-47016.html. It works great. Fuganater is right. Sand sand sand. Primer... sand some more, primer again, guide coat, sand some more, then once it's all even, base and clear.
    That is the one I listed in my original post but after watching the video it is meant for water bases only not necessarily automotive paint.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Actually, they have two versions of it. One with a regulator, and one without. If you have a regulator on your compressor (which you should..) then you don't need the one you posted. It's more expensive. You can use solvent based paint. Which video did you watch?

if you click the first picture its a link and there is a product video they say to use only water based stuff. I like the idea of having a gun with a regulator in case I ever use a tank without one. Plus the current one is a PITA and is set at like 90 and I cant get it to adjust whatsoever. Not my compressor just free to use it so im not gonna muck with it.

That video was pathetic. Horrible demo. Anyway, they have Teflon seals in them, which will stand up to automotive urethanes.

Doesn't matter after the guy agreed to sell me the truck and I went to take him the money and he sold it to someone else.

That sucks.

It is alright I found a 93 chevy 5 speed with a fresh paint job adding two more cylinders and about 6 mpg over my gas guzzling car