Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Security

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Maximum Security

You know they make mettalic sleeving in all sorts of colors and s@#t

lemme try and dig that website up that i sent the other guy making that all aluminum/copper sail looking case.

http://cableorganizer.com/chrome-sle...-sleeving.html

(gold)

http://cableorganizer.com/mylar/

Look around and there are tons of finish options, i guess the above link (1st) is paintable as well.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

thanks for the links, but I've got the copper and titanium colored stuff coming from MDPC-X already

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    thanks for the links, but I've got the copper and titanium colored stuff coming from MDPC-X already
    oh cool!!

Ok so I said I'd post an update LAST weekend. Well I got a ton of modding done, but no time for an update I'll be modding most of the day today, so expect something later tonight

Shut up and take my money!

You better update!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

How late is later???
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

not going to be today lol. I was busy getting a review done and buttoning up part 3 of my integrating electronics series. I was planning for tomorrow....but BF3 opens tomorrow...so I might be playing that after work instead, we'll see lol

Whenever I get to a mailbox, you have incoming mail.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Whenever I get to a mailbox, you have incoming mail.
    you rock

Update time!!

I cut a piece of mesh to cover the holes left in the side panel and put some trim on it to dress it up a bit then hot-glued it into place.

I also got a bunch of random parts soldered to the ProtoStack dev board to make it look more industrial-ish. All I need to do is wire up the LEDs that this board will be controlling.

Thanks again to NZXT for sending me a 2M red LED strip!! I removed the module from it's PCI slot bracket and mounted it to a spare standoff hole on the backside of the motherboard.

Then I removed the motherboard and hot-glued the LED strip to the case under it.

Looks pretty sweet

I also tested the fans and my fan controller and found that for some reason the Sentry 2 wouldn't even get the Turbine Master fans to even start spinning. If you tapped the blades by hand they'd spin right up, but not from a dead stop. So I replaced them with a pair of Gentle Typhoons and a sweet ACRyan radgrill

I also got my Indigo Extreme TIM installed on the CPU

Next up I got all the UV LEDs sleeved. I started with the 2 3mm ones that go into the CPU block, then did the 5mm one in the res and also swapped out the 2 3mm blue ones in the flow meter with 2 3mm UV ones. The camera makes the UV look super bright, but with the coolant I'll be running it should look perfect.

I also got 3 more WD Caviar Black 500GB drives to go with the one in my current rig. I plan to put the OS onto the 96GB SSD then do a RAID 1+0 with the 4 500GB drives.

I got the SATA cables sleeved with the copper sleeving from MDPC-X. I must say, their sleeve is THE BEST! Dirt cheap and looks great!

Speaking of sleeving, I did the PSU. I wasn't going to, but I had to. I did it with a mix of the copper brown and tungsten gray from MDPC-X. I did ALL the wires. I ended up cutting and extending the 8-pin CPU wires so they'd reach without needing the adapter that Tt included with the case. I also cut off the un-needed cables and heatshrunk the ends inside the PSU to keep things clean. Enjoy

That's all for now!