Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Said Goodbye to an old friend today.

loosing a dog is one of the worst things in a person's life, only shadowed by loosing a family member. they truly give you pure unconditional love.

you just have to take comfort in knowing you gave your best buddy the best life you were capable of.

i also find it comforting to keep my sappho's ashes right on top of the tv. (i spend a lot of time watching tv)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, Curtis. My condolences.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    I feel for you.... my girlfriend lost her cat and her dog in the last 3 weeks. They are in a better place
    Thank you, and my condolences to her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    My sympathies to you both. It is never easy to lose someone you love, human or otherwise.
    It's true, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    My sympathies, Curtis. I haven't had to put down a pet in a long time, and my girl now isn't even 4 yet, so hopefully it'll be yet another long while lol
    Thank you Will, and I hope she has a long and healthy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Sorry to hear that buddy. My parents put my dog down 2 years ago. She was 18 and I was 22. I cried because it was like losing the closest friend I ever had. She was all I ever knew. Take it easy my friend.
    Thank you. It's crazy when you think in my case he has been around for over a 1/4 of my life. He was 4 years older then my youngest child and 4 years younger then my middle child.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    well im sure that he had about as good of a life as a dog could possibly hope to have, so take comfort in that.

and while he may physically be gone, he still lives on with you as long as you don't forget.

and take solstice in the fact that energy is a constant and can't be created or destroyed. So technically his "soul" is still around. only now its thermal energy or a photon of light traveling through the galaxy. and eventually the particles that had assembled to create your dog will one day become something or someone else.

in 15 years your dog could be a tree.
    Well put.. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Getting another dog maybe?
    We have a Dalmatian that is just over a year old. It is very apparent that she misses him too, but I think it's going to take some time before we are ready for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    What a fine steed you have lost .
    He really was. He was a pretty good boy. As always he could be quite the pain in the butt, but he was always there to greet us, and we ALWAYS knew when someone was at the door.. who needs a door bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    My condolences Curtis and sympathies. We went thru similar circumstances with our dog last year. He was my first dog. I was and am still amazed at how much I miss him.
    Thank you. I miss him quite a bit, but my wife is going to have a tough time for a while. Seems he was always within a 10 foot radius of her. She could take him out in the front yard with no leash and he would just sit in watch over her or the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cale_Hagan View Post
    that is very sad, i have gone through losing two in my life, one small rat terrier miniature fox terrier mix, and a Shetland sheep dog. the small one, believed to be eaten by coyotes. the Shetland lived to a ripe old age of over 16, before having thyroid and arthritis problems, we had to put him down. they are your best friends, and they all go to a "Doggie Heaven". my condolences go out to you from the bottom of my heart. he will always be with you, in memory, and spirit.
    Thanks man. Sorry about yours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    loosing a dog is one of the worst things in a person's life, only shadowed by loosing a family member. they truly give you pure unconditional love.

you just have to take comfort in knowing you gave your best buddy the best life you were capable of.

i also find it comforting to keep my sappho's ashes right on top of the tv. (i spend a lot of time watching tv)
    Thank you. Always trying to please it seemed. We thought about keeping the ashes, but my wife didn't want the constant reminder he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Curtis. My condolences.
    Thank you, it is much appreciated.

Losing a family pet is like losing part of your family Sorry to hear this man.