Thread: Corse's spectacular review on Dungeon Siege 3.

Default Corse's spectacular review on Dungeon Siege 3.

Well. I'm at work the other day and my co-worker goes.... "Hey dude, Dungeon Siege 3 is coming out. You should buy it on steam!"

HMMMMMMMMM!

I go on steam and on impulse I ALMOST bought it. But as I am looking at the page on steam it goes "HEY DUDE! You wanna try this game out cause it's SOOOOO rad? FREE DEMO BRA!" I of course downloaded the demo and went to go play it.

At first glance it seemed pretty rad. Super exciting even.

Then I got to play it.

The graphics. Sweet. So excited that it looks SO good and runs SO SMOOTH on my computer.

I picked a character and all the sudden there is a loading screen. Froze at the loading screen.

No biggie... let's restart this bad boy. I restarted and this time it loaded. I'm in game playing and trying to get used to the controls. OH I can move with the asdw? COOL!

Ok and I attack by clicking or using my number keys. Ok this is starting to feel somewhat like the old dungeon siege.

SH**! There's an enemy! KILL IT! KILL IT!

KILLLLL ITTTT!

STRAFE STRAFE! MOVE BACKWARDS! WAIT? WHY DID I TURN INTO A LADY THAT SHOOTS FIRE WHEN I HIT MY STRAFE KEY!??? THERE IS NO STRAFE??? WHAT! NOOOOOOOOO I DIED!

That's ok, going to just pretend that didn't happen. Noob mistake. I mean... of course, it's normal to use a shoot'em up asdw move setup and not include strafe. It's cool... Ok. Let's try this again.

OK, here's the enemy, let's do this. WHAT like 6 people popped out of that tree, where did they come from? I'm surrounded and all I have is this crappy staff? Ok whatever, this time i'm moving backwards, no using strafe... just move backwards. Why am I moving into a wall? WAIT why can't I move my camera as I... WHAT? You mean to tell me when I click backwards she moves backwards and I can't see where I'm going? GAH I DIED AGAIN!? WHO DESIGNED THIS STUPID INTERFACE!

Alright. Whatever, let's see if maybe the leveling up interface is better.

Cool, I leveled up! Ok now I have to choose something. Ok I'll pick this fire thing, it sounds cool. Why are these logos so big? Oh well whatever. Wait, why can't I exit this screen? I can't even get to the... whatever... Ok what is this screen? Now I'm at another? Didn't I just do this? No? This is slightly different and strange... so I have to choose an ability and then an ability of the ability? What the hell?

Oh man, cinematic! I love cinematics! Wait.. why did that guy act like the old guy was going to interrupt him and then there was like a 5 second pause and THEN he got interrupted?

Default Re: Corse's spectacular review on Dungeon Siege 3.

Haven't tried DS3, nor was I much a fan of the first ones, but that was a hilarious review. Nice work
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Corse's spectacular review on Dungeon Siege 3.

Indeed, excellent review, thanks! +rep
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”