Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing car story. almost 3 million miles with same car same person

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Amazing car story. almost 3 million miles with same car same person

My buddy's mom parked her p1800 at here moms house back in the 90's and early 2000 my dad asked if they'd sell it so he went over... put a new battery in it, drained the tank and put new gas in it. He gave it a shot of starting fluid and it started right up. I'm surprised the fire department didn't get called from all the smoke coming out of that thing. Needless to say they decided not to sell it to my dad because it "ran." They said they were gunna fix it up and give it to her son (my buddy). It never happened... it's still sittin' there rotting away.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

277k on my ford explorer.

lol sure the A/C system is trashed, the vaccum system has quite a few leaks so it idles rough and some of the flappers for the vents won't work, so i only get air through the windshield blowers.

But its still runnin'!

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    I bet there isn't a single original part on that bad boy
    You'd be quite surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Collinstheclown View Post
    You'd be quite surprised...
    I read up on it, and you're right, i was extremely surprised. Two engine rebuilds only!

When I was growing up we had the car that was in the Guiness book of world records for this.

It was a Mercedes and it had at the time 1,180,xxx miles on it and had never been rebuilt. I want to say it was about 1980 or so.

Now there are lots of cars with over a million miles but back then it was a huge deal! If you take good care of them they will last forever.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

should see the odometers on some old semi trucks