Thread: 720 playback issues?

Default 720 playback issues?

So i recently got an asus 1215N with ion graphics, and want to use it to watch 720p video on my tv over hdmi. Full specs

Intel Atom D525 @ 1.8
    Win 7 64 bit
    3gb ram
    screen resolution 1280x720 (for this example)
    Ion graphics
    Video Player : VLC

I set the global settings to the ion processor in optimus, and the video file plays perfectly over my gf's mac and on my desktop...

Whats wrong here... I can play sc2 and fallout pretty well at 720, so i would imagine that video should be easy...
    Not dead yet

Default Re: 720 playback issues?

Update...after hours of googling, I stumbled across another opensource video player, SPlayer, forces the video to use the gpu for rendering when needed...
    Not dead yet

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    Intel Atom D525 @ 1.8
    my FSB is faster then that.

Lol....I like it... its quick , and now plays HD video
    Not dead yet

I'm sending my system off for RMA to get this stupid dust out. Mentioned the video issue to the support guy for them to check it out. He tried to feed me some rubbish about the compression for each probably not being up to standard for playback. These are all normal clips, trailers for either games or movies, all work perfectly on the archos 101, samsung galaxy, and even the Ipad with its HD media player app you can download, no converting, nothing, just straight out the box.

If anyone has any suggestions to make this thing do whats advertised to do I'd appreciate it. Otherwise once I get it back from repairs and the media playback is no different, I'll be getting rid of this and probably replacing it with an ipad. At least that will do what this thng claims to. Very frustrating.
    Check the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymark View Post
    I'm sending my system off for RMA to get this stupid dust out. Mentioned the video issue to the support guy for them to check it out. He tried to feed me some rubbish about the compression for each probably not being up to standard for playback. These are all normal clips, trailers for either games or movies, all work perfectly on the archos 101, samsung galaxy, and even the Ipad with its HD media player app you can download, no converting, nothing, just straight out the box.

If anyone has any suggestions to make this thing do whats advertised to do I'd appreciate it. Otherwise once I get it back from repairs and the media playback is no different, I'll be getting rid of this and probably replacing it with an ipad. At least that will do what this thng claims to. Very frustrating.
    missing any drivers for it?

can you post your DXDIAG?