Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus Motherboards are Junk

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Asus Motherboards are Junk

you guys and your F-ECS rambling lol Check out what's in my Red Comet build....still rock solid even with it's age

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

My ECS lasted 5 years, then I sold it. Still running today.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    My ECS lasted 5 years, then I sold it. Still running today.
    yea my buddy has a ECS board rocking on a pentium III 866mhz processor thats been running just about every day since 1999 and hasn't had a issue.

Really i just think as with any motherboard no matter the vendor, its just luck of the draw and how effective your TOTAL cooling is, not just how cold the processor or video card is.

Never had a MSi mainboard burn up though, and i'm on about my 14th MSi mainboard now i'd guess. (started building computers when i was 16, about 1996 or so?)

Man i do not miss having to flip billions of dip switches and move dozens of jumpers just to set up IRQ's and bus speeds.

i do miss the good old ISA slot and that really old style memory you put in at a 45 degree angle. think its SIMM ram or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    you guys and your F-ECS rambling lol Check out what's in my Red Comet build....still rock solid even with it's age
    That is a cool mod was just looking at it.

I have had fewer issues with ASUS mobos than any other I used on a regular basis but then I also have ties with ASUS and get really good RMA service if and when I need it. I use ROG products

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I forgot to take a picture of the two RoG laptops waiting to be returned too
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

ive been having random resets with the pc in my mancave, i think the asus mobo is to blame, either that or my nzxt psu is starting to show its age.

I have 3 asus boards running at home right now with no challenges, the only board I have fail on me was because my liquid cooling setup leaked and wasn't as pure as I thought.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors

my dos box is running an ecs board with a socket 7 amd 450MHz chip. it runs great.

also my main desktop is running an asus board. it was an open box buy from newegg and other than having to update the bios when i first got it, it has run without a hick-up for a bit over a year now.

the ecs board is the only one i have multiple experiences with since that's what we used at a company i worked for that built computers. oh and pc-chips, i've used several of boards from them too. otherwise i seem to always get a board from a different manufacturer every time i upgrade. so i don't know much about reliability from manufacturer to another.

Just my 2p I've had a Crosshair II Formula running nearly 24/7/365 for the last 3-4 years without fault, plus I've got a Rampage III Extreme overclocked for gaming and vid editing/dvd fiddling without any problems.

I've had no prob's with either or any other Asus mobo in spite of not handling them with any real care, anti-static precautions pah I laugh at them, also had good times with Gigabyte.

I think it's something that is basically a case of people who have problems will talk/whine/complain about it, human nature, people who don't have problems i.e. more than likely the majority don't take the time to post up positives unless posts like this crop up.

All swings and roundabouts.

The only mfgs i've used over the past few years are gig, asus, and evga, and i can honestly say that aside from some user id10t errors the asus are the only ones i've had fail (used gig board being an exception, but it was used, so id10t cant be ruled out).

every asus board i or a customer have owned has been replaced or rma'd within the first 2 years for some kind of issue. I love their boards, but for people who keep their computers for a long time i cant justify putting one in their computer.
    Not dead yet