Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: My Summer Project

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: My Summer Project

Need any help with music?

I'm sure I could throw a few chiptunes your way.

But WOW that is a GREAT idea!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I haven't started anything audio yet. If you want to throw together a few things you think might work, then I'm all for it. I can't guaranty I will use any of it, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, if there is something that really works, then we can work something out with crediting and such.

What is a great idea? The way I did the crafting? Just wasn't sure what you are referring to. Either way, thanks!

The crafting

Tri.fecta

Thanks. It's nice when a plan starts to come together. Haven't had any hiccups with the design yet *knock on wood*.

Now, when you click on the lower box of the item to create, it searches your inventory and checks if you have all the required ingredients for the current count of how many you want to create.

EX: You want to create some torches. You click the torch icon in the crafting to load it into the crafting slot. You click the crafting slot the first time, the count goes up by one, and it searches your inventory for one wood and one coal. If you don't have those items, the count goes back down by one. Say you do have those two blocks and you click the crafting slot again. Now you are trying to make two sets of torches. It scans the inventory for the amount of material to make two sets of torches. If you have it then good, if not the count goes back to 1.

The count gets set back to zero if you click on any other tab, or any other item. I also noticed a bug where you would have been able to build up the count based on what you had in your inventory, grab the item from your inventory, close the inventory screen, drop the items, and the count would still be at the higher mark. This would have allowed you to create items without actually having to spend any of the materials. This has been addressed.

TL;DR - Crafting is almost complete. After classes I will work on finishing the basics up. Then onto fringe cases and bug hunting. I will try and get a video when that is done to show the crafting in action. Much easier than me trying to explain it.

EDIT: You guys get a more in depth look here @ TBCS, but I also have a facebook page:
    http://facebook.com/ram3software
    Feel free to like it, or not, .

A video update:

*Showing off all the different resolutions supported by my monitor and graphics card. Your list may vary. I can't change the resolution while Fraps is running, it causes a freakout. I don't know if that is my code, xna in general, or just fraps. Not a huge deal.

On top of not feeling well yesterday, my cat had another seizure, so I was coding in a fog. The crafting is almost complete, but there are a few bugs. I'm pretty sure I'm just not updating a few pointers. If it loads a recipe that needs more ingredients, and you then go back to a recipe that needs fewer ingredients, it will allow you to increase the quantity to create, and does the proper check if you have all that is necessary in your inventory. When you go to drop it in the inventory, which is where the actual item creation occurs, it will not let you, as it is still reading needing a quantity for that necessary item from the last recipe. I just have to find where the pointer needs to be updated and that should be good to go.

I need to add a box around the quantities so I can get a background behind the font to increase the contrast, as the quantities are not very legible.

Awesome...my 7 year old who is also a huge Minecraft fan, loves it! When do we get to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

I'll release an exploration alpha once I finish the crafting, get some basic movement animations drawn, chests, and get the base world populated with blocks.

I have to make base blocks for 8 more regions:
    Snow / Ice Region
    Underground Plague Swamp
    Underwater City
    Hell / Fire Region
    Granite Mountain
    Underground Desert
    Petrified Forest
    Steampunk / Dwemer Styled Region

For this very early alpha release I don't care if it is just placeholder tiles, I would just like to get something in these regions. Currently, if you dig through the stone layer you fall to your death as there is nothing beneath. I could easily just extend the stone layer down, but I'd rather have at least a hint to what kind of zone it will be.

The character just slides around the screen. The animation system is all in, and the movement animations are triggered, they are simply blank. Swap in new textures and things will look much smoother.

I was just playing around with the search on Youtube, and that video is the first result for both "tile miner" and "tile mining game". Keywords FTW.

You NEVER cease to amaze me with this!

Tri.fecta