Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: My Summer Project

Default Re: My Summer Project

That's cool! How about something like a level from Mario Bros, that'd be amazing! You go, Nightrain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

When I get through finishing all of the overworld, then I'll focus on the farmable dungeons, which ought to be more like a Super Mario or Castlevania level. More dungeon crawl, less digging.

EDIT: Was doing some work on some tiles. Came up with a brick tile I didn't dislike. Was testing out some color combinations to see how they looked. I'm not sure about the red-brown and red-white. I was just playing around. I may keep the red-brown, but lose the brown grout for black like the rest of them.

Each color is 3x3 tiles. The actual bricks will have the black borders. The wall tiles will run like that though, but with a darker set of colors.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I kinda like the red-white.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

It looks a bit better there than how I first had it. I pushed the white towards red a bit. I'm just not sure about those two as everything else in the game has a black border. I can always add it in and see how it looks.

Fixed the bug in the crafting; crafting now works as expected. I forgot to update a set of variables, so it was doing some odd math which would cause you to not be able to place the items into your inventory. All fixed.

Added a few more placeholder recipes. This way you can create the items even though I don't have all the items that will eventually be necessary in yet.

Progress might slow this weekend. College homework to do and I am working on the Mame cabinet, and will be making a worklog of that this weekend.

I got a hold of Magnus "SoulEye" Palsson, the music artist of VVVVVV, and he said "Maybe [I can help him out]. I've got a lot on my plate right now, and I have to turn down certain projects."

So, if he does accept, this should be nice.

Tri.fecta

I can't believe you went and asked someone like him to help. I thank you very much for going the extra mile. I don't even know what to say. I'm just going to sit here and process this a bit.

I mean, I'm happy with my work and progress. I know some of you guys have enjoyed watching the progress even if it doesn't turn into anything big. I never thought anyone really believed in me / it enough to go out of their way to do something like that. Just, wow! Confidence booster for sure.

Yeah, we're forum buddies.

He said no guarantees, but if it does happen, that'd be really awesome for sure.

He's on Skype, so if you want to look it up, go ahead.

Tri.fecta

That would be very cool. Thank you very much. Even if nothing comes of it, just the act of doing that has given me a whole lot of confidence.

That made me use my free time this weekend, that wasn't spent on my mod, replaying VVVVVV again. Such a fun game. And his music is once again stuck in my head.