Thread: Droid X Case Mod.

Fresh Paint

Default Droid X Case Mod.

Ok, so this is just an idea as of now. I will have to do a bit of research for it to work. But i overclock my droid x, and now that i have boughten the otterbox case for the thing the temperature sky rockets. So i thought, i would be such a cool kid if i put a small 20-40mm fan in the otterbox case, right over the CPU of the droid x. Then i was like, well if its worth doing its worth overdoing. So i thought, how about i dig into the droid and cut a hole out, put in a Vent, and then put the fan in it! What will probobly end up happening is the first less complicated idea, no i take taht back what will prbobly end up happening is i will realise how this will not work, and then dont do it. But w/e a guy can dream. Hopefully this will come to fruition. Just an idea.

Ok, so i guess im going to do it. I have a 6mm thick fan that is 40mm long/wide. The only think i need to do now is to find a way to get a 3 pin adapter power. I have a USB slot on the phone, so i think that it would be possible to do that. Here is something like that.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mo...0155507&sr=1-3

And then an adapter to micro usb.

Looking for something smaller though, and preferably cheaper.

EDIT: sorry for being stupid, i stripped the 3 pin connector and alsko a micro usb cord, the fan runs amazingly. Now all i have to do is get it in the case .

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Droid X Case Mod.

ok, done, that was really easy. cut out a hole in the otterbox and put the fan in, got the wires to a usb micro and plugged it in. runs awesome, i can overclock more then i could before with the otterbox on.