Thread: program a very basic java app

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default program a very basic java app

Looking for someone with basic eclipse skills that can write up a program that simply displays a welcome screen, loads to a home screen with two mode buttons (essentially an on/off or yes/no switch) then has a drop down menu and a go button..

Open
    Splash screen
    Mode selection
    Drop down menu with selections
    Press go and it takes you to what you selected.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Default Re: program a very basic java app

Been a while since I did some programming since I have been working on my Education degree, but this sounds like a good project to refresh my skills on. I'd be happy to give it a whirl.

Just a few questions: What are the requirements (beyond what you already have)? You have mentioned doing Android apps before, so do I need to be worried about storage/memory/processor constraints? How soon do you need it? I'm a little busy this next week, but my schedule clears up a little after that.

Just let me know what you need and when, and I'll do what I can.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    Drop down menu with selections
    Press go and it takes you to what you selected.
    Clarification on these steps please? What needs to be in the drop-down? Where is the data coming from? What do you mean by "takes you to what you selected"?

Also, what are you expecting this to be? Just a normal Swing program that'll run on any standard J2EE install or an Android app (since you previously talked about Android stuff)?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I have to keep it vague in the public forum but the "on/off" switch would be a mode selection.

A / B

Selecting A would give you options for A1, A2, A3, A4 and so on. Selecting B would give you options for B1, B2, etc.

Data would be coming from the app as each selection is simple text. The app would be strictly Android so it'd preferably be made in Eclipse IDE.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Would the data be dynamically generated? Stored in a database? Stored in plain-text files? Hard-coded into the program?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    The app would be strictly Android so it'd preferably be made in Eclipse IDE.
    So you know, Eclipse is an incredibly versatile IDE that can be used for developing many different languages on many different platforms. The reason I asked about the platform is because making a Java GUI for a normal J2EE (the version of Java for normal computers) install to display and making a Java GUI for Android are very different processes.

Personally I don't have any experience developing for Android, but these questions I'm asking are the kind of information that whoever does this will need to know.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Data would be stored in plain text.

Anyone interested? Give me a price!