Thread: How many people can fit in a vanagon?

Default How many people can fit in a vanagon?

So yesterday we had our car show. It was a BLAST! Show'n'shine 2011. Lots of cars showed up. I ended up winning the low car limbo with the 914 (pics to come). One of the funniest things we did at the competition was the "VW Bus Stuffer" - so we tried to see which held the most people... the OLD vw bus, or the new bus!

We ended up in a tie with 31 people in both!

Loading up the new bus (no pics of it closed since I ended up getting in)

Old bus!

Seriously is the most fun I've had a car show. Main events were:

- Spectator votes for favorite cars
    - Club votes (special awards handed out including most riced, lowest car, the bottlejack award (first out of the low car limbo, a bottlejack that says "please come back when this won't fit under your car"), and a few others
    - Low car limbo (think of regular limbo... but with cars!)
    - Low off (for those with low-riders or slammed cars, a ramp is used to measure ride height, whoever is the lowest, wins)
    - Exhaust sound-off.. pretty self explanatory, whoever has the nicest, yet loudest exhaust, wins.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: How many people can fit in a vanagon?

Take all those people in your bus, add about 20-30 more, and that's the average taxi here in the Congo

Here's a couple pics of the low car limbo

The 240 that almost beat me.

Me and my buddy brad

Pretty short! Not short enough!

Haha that looks like a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Someone made this video, turned out really well. At their permission figured I'd share it. (you can see both my cars at the beginning of the video)

Good times!

http://vimeo.com/26750140

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heehee, you just need to get someone with an MG Midget to compete in that low car limbo. I would say a lowered and/or chopped Midget, but...well, let's just say after looking over my uncle's stock Midget...that ain't happening. Well, maaaybe lower it a little bit.

..though, actually, looking at the specs, the 914 is about the same height. I didn't think they were that small.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

damn my buddy could of slammed his towncar and scraped the chassis against the ground and still smash the s@#t out of that pole.

Then probably of pushed all the other plastic cars out of the way and claim the trophy with the 4,400lb american steel road barge.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heehee, you just need to get someone with an MG Midget to compete in that low car limbo. I would say a lowered and/or chopped Midget, but...well, let's just say after looking over my uncle's stock Midget...that ain't happening. Well, maaaybe lower it a little bit.

..though, actually, looking at the specs, the 914 is about the same height. I didn't think they were that small.
    Haha, gotta love Midgets! I hardly see MGs around here so it's cool when the MG shows up I love those cars. I remember thinking the same thing the first time I saw a 914. I had seen pictures and went "What? Those things are way small!" They actually feel pretty decently roomy for me in the interior all things considered. You'd think it'd be cramped, but legroom is nice reach to the steering wheel is nice. I had good head room but then again I'm 5'10", a buddy of mine who is 6'2" doesn't fit in the car at all but different people are just made differently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    damn my buddy could of slammed his towncar and scraped the chassis against the ground and still smash the s@#t out of that pole.

Then probably of pushed all the other plastic cars out of the way and claim the trophy with the 4,400lb american steel road barge.
    All metal here! We had a few nice american cars show up. We welcome ANYTHING and everything at the event. There was an old mustang fastback that showed up, drag car built to the hilt and I gotta say it was one of the nicest sounding cars there. Sounded absolutely amazing. I am not sure which engine he had in it but when he rolled it in he gave it a little gas and the front end sprung up a few inches when he goosed the throttle, made my day haha. There is a special place in my heart for the oldschool mustangs and camaros. 69' Camaro would be my choice, or a 68' Fastback.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post

All metal here! We had a few nice american cars show up. We welcome ANYTHING and everything at the event. There was an old mustang fastback that showed up, drag car built to the hilt and I gotta say it was one of the nicest sounding cars there. Sounded absolutely amazing. I am not sure which engine he had in it but when he rolled it in he gave it a little gas and the front end sprung up a few inches when he goosed the throttle, made my day haha. There is a special place in my heart for the oldschool mustangs and camaros. 69' Camaro would be my choice, or a 68' Fastback.
    probably a SC or TTC 302ci Windsor.

Every Lincoln town car gets the best Mustang GT engine under its hood.