Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone and WiFi jammers!

Default Cell phone and WiFi jammers!

How well do they work? And are they legal in the U.S.A.?

Does anybody have a schematic for either?

I can buy a cell phone jammer, but was wondering if it could be built cheaper. And I have found a way to make a WiFi jammer but it is not very powerful.

How to build a WiFi jammer video:

[HTML]<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/953946/how_to_build_a_wifi_and_bluetooth_jammer.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br/><font size="1">
    <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/953946/how_to_build_a_wifi_and_bluetooth_jammer/">How To Build A WiFi And Bluetooth Jammer - video powered by Metacafe</a></font>[/HTML]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Cell phone and WiFi jammers!

Very much illegal to own in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Why did I expect that from the U.S. government
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Projects:
    Book Of Knowledge

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'd love to have one of those if I ever teach... I wanted one when I was in highschool too, random people texting during class was annoying. Too bad it's illegal. Stupid government. They can take **** away but when we try to say, watch a movie in peace, it's not allowed.

Is awesome

It's all for the illusion of freedom.

But, a cell phone jammer would definitely be a clear violation of the bill of rights, such as right of free speech. It would be like making it impossible for people to whisper in the theater.
    You love my sig.

Yea, I guess so. Yep, I'm in highschool and thats what I wanted it for. And so does 1 of my teachers haha
    France just legalized it for use in theaters

And, they can talk all they want in person. I'm not stopping them, but if I could stop the phone, that would be nice. I don't see how it "exactly" violates the bill of rights :p
    Projects:
    Book Of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    Very much illegal to own in the United States.
    I'm not sure if possession is illegal, but operation is definitely illegal without a FCC license. Optimal solution, take the FCC classes to get the license, which also allows you to use higher powers and more frequencies for FRS and GMRS 2-way radios.

As for jammers working, yes they can. The one they "made" there takes advantage of 2.4Ghz band that 802.11b/g/n and bluetooth uses. Some phones will mess up networks with normal use. Their mod just creates a possibly better antenna, however their suggestion that a Dual Layer DVD will work better than a CD has little to no theoretical backing. I find that an improperly shielded microwave makes a much better (and dangerous) jammer for the ~2.4-5Ghz range. I really never trust a thing I see on metacafe, there seems to be an ongoing make stuff up and present it as fact trend that goes on in it.

If you build one yourself, and only use it occasionally (for educational purposes of course), I doubt they will ever catch you. You can find instructions online for making one. You'll need several radios and a microprocessor to control everything, looks ripe for a PIC (which you can get a free sample from Microchip). I think Hackaday had something on this a while back (like two or so years ago), might be worth looking at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Oh, I found the article, it's on Wave Bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Thanks guys! I have been google'ing around and didn't find much. Looks like just what I need.
    Projects:
    Book Of Knowledge

The 'device' in the video isn't a true jammer, but it will interrupt communication and act similar to a jammer.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!