Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project MEHA and SEPA

Default Re: Project MEHA and SEPA

It's here! Just need to take pictures now.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Pictures! Assembly is most likely tomorrow night, I have a PCB to finish. I also have a small issue (not related to HobbyKing) which I'll post about tomorrow.

Additionally, as you can see in the first image, the weight is under 2.5Kg (2500g) so I'm trying to convince HobbyKing to refund me the difference in the shipping cost (in credit to their store, not paypal) because it was 588g lighter than what it quoted me originally. I paid for 3KG of express shipping, and there is a 2.5KG express shipping option which is $6.19 cheaper.

Sadly I can't spin up the main motor until I get the batteries, but I will be able to move the servos around a bit with the help of my desktop

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

nice goodies

They're very nice, just I can't play with them until I get this PCB design done, just the problem is, I'm very tired, stressed, and the program I'm using (Altium) is complaining, so I need to fix up a bunch of errors. After that, it should take about an hour to finish it off, then I have a day at uni and some begging, then I get to work on my helicopter!

Well, building this helicopter might be delayed until the weekend because of changes in the design to the PCB which is causing me a headache and problems I didn't need.

As for the small issue, it's related to how wide the frame of the helicopter is, it's quite thinner than I thought, but it's not a major issue. It does mean that I have to use a maple mini initially before I can design my own PCBs.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

*watching*
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Additionally, as you can see in the first image, the weight is under 2.5Kg (2500g) so I'm trying to convince HobbyKing to refund me the difference in the shipping cost (in credit to their store, not paypal) because it was 588g lighter than what it quoted me originally. I paid for 3KG of express shipping, and there is a 2.5KG express shipping option which is $6.19 cheaper.

Sadly I can't spin up the main motor until I get the batteries, but I will be able to move the servos around a bit with the help of my desktop
    Just a minor update, HobbyKing refunded me the difference in shipping to store credit, I wasn't expecting that, so I'm really happy with that!
    In some slightly bad news, I've heard that it could be another month before I get the batteries.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Awesome! I've heard good things about HobbyKing customer service. ...well, as long as you're looking to get store credit, that it. Apparently trying to get a cash refund for anything is like pulling teeth.

For the battery, have you thought about my suggestion to get a similar battery in addition? There are some 800mAh and 1200-1300mAh 2S packs in their AUS warehouse for under $10; would at least let you get it in the air sooner. I've also been wondering...do you have any idea what the payload weight for the plane will be? It might be worth getting a bigger battery for that one anyway; I imagine the payload weight doesn't affect the flight of that nearly as much as for the heli, and it might be worth another 100g or so to triple your range.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I was actually thinking about doing that last night, what I'm going to do is assemble the helicopter and see if I need any other tools (like little allen keys) which I don't have. I'm going to assemble it at my uni today during my breaks. I'm looking at ordering from the international warehouse with the cheapest shipping as I don't mind waiting since I need to practice on a simulator some more with my real RXTX now.

What I'd also heard is that if you want a cash refund, you need to have used paypal and file a dispute.

Well, I didn't get a break today, and I probably won't be able to do anything until Monday. My uni project is taking a lot of my time sadly because the uni's open day is on Sunday and I'll be attending that. I'll be updating that thread soon with pictures of the new circuit board I designed and made up after my uni milled the board.