Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED load equalizers

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: LED load equalizers

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Your right next time I will buy a mazda ranger, a mitsubishi cavalier, or a monaro gto. Car was never engineered for LEDs so complaining about its design is kind of like taking a house built in the 40s and expecting it to run your 220 welders and air compressor without doing any type of upgrading.
    Or an American car...like Chevy...or (god forbid) Ford or Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Or an American car...like Chevy...or (god forbid) Ford or Dodge
    Find me an American one and maybe I will that was my point. Most american cars were made in the same **** town in mexico as my vw was. The money still leaves the country either way, the idea that it goes to an American company is crap IMO.

I have had exactly 2 "American Cars" and they both were made as throw aways by the engineers. I got a little less than 120k miles out of them while my jetta is still running strong at 140k. I had a mazda that clocked almost 300k before I totaled it, and it still ran even though I mangled most of it. Want to know how hard it is to find one? One of the most prominent UAW members was turned away at a union meeting because he had a Canadian vin number. Run the vin on your vehicle bet you it isn't American. Either way that has nothing to do with it and I feel this thread is getting off track.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors

if you want an american car you have to buy Toyota or nissan.

i had a '88 golf that was one of the last cars built at the PA vw plant.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    if you want an american car you have to buy Toyota or nissan.

i had a '88 golf that was one of the last cars built at the PA vw plant.
    I know a guy that worked in that plant and has a car from that plant. He used to live here local but moved back to PA in the last year.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors

i loved that golf. it was the best $600 car i ever bought.

as for the leds, i don't understand why you are having the issue that you are. i mean, if you don't have a display center that is constantly checking for current flow to make sure the bulbs aren't burnt out, then there should not be any power going to them at all until you step on the brakes or turn a switch on.

my next suggestion would be to go through the car and and clean every one of your ground connections. it sounds like you are back feeding voltage from something else and putting the resistors in there is not going help your core problem, it will only cover up one of the symptoms.

like i said earlier, the germans aren't known for their superior electronics, and vw in particular has a lot of ground issues.

i loved that golf. it was the best $600 car i ever bought.

as for the leds, i don't understand why you are having the issue that you are. i mean, if you don't have a display center that is constantly checking for current flow to make sure the bulbs aren't burnt out, then there should not be any power going to them at all until you step on the brakes or turn a switch on.

my next suggestion would be to go through the car and and clean every one of your ground connections. it sounds like you are back feeding voltage from something else and putting the resistors in there is not going help your core problem, it will only cover up one of the symptoms.

like i said earlier, the germans aren't known for their superior electronics, and vw in particular has a lot of ground issues.
    While I won't disagree with you the main chassis ground, the engine ground, and transmission ground are all good. I have only one other ground in the vehicle and that is for the amplifier. Nothing else on the circuit is drawing current. The only thing that could possibly be causing a challenge is the censor for the alarm system that also controls the light. However it is operating fine so all the way back to square 1.

Custom Title Honors

have you checked the grounds behind the dash? grounds at the back of the car? i know vws have more than just 4 grounds. i don't know exactly where they are though.

have you checked the grounds behind the dash? grounds at the back of the car? i know vws have more than just 4 grounds. i don't know exactly where they are though.
    They do but those are the big ones that are most commonly not grounded properly. The one under the dash I know is good but I need to get under there again anyway so I may check it again this weekend.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Couldn't you just solder you a capacitor inline with those LEDS?

Custom Title Honors

no. if you do that the capacitor will stop all DC voltage from getting to the leds and nothing will work at all. capacitors only pass AC voltages.