Thread: Thinking of starting a case mod

Default Thinking of starting a case mod

The first time in a LONG time. Thinking of doing a case mod. I just bought a welder the other day and I have an itch to scratch. I figure I've got enough tools to do it.

I figured a few ideas would work.

1. Start with the case I have. It was a semi pre-mod case but I removed all the stupid badges and chrome crap from it, leaving the plexi window and the case fans.

2. Improve cooling. The cooling isn't as good as it could be. I'd like to have a good airflow through the case and keep it fairly dust free, are those filters really all they are cracked up to be?

3. Theme: Carbon fiber. I have some scrap flat panel left over from my track car project, so it would be fun to use some to decorate the case in a unique fashion. I'd also like to keep the case black.

4. Keep it simple, keep it clean

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

Here's a really super simple rendering I did of the current case I have from a long while back, it looks pretty much the same.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Thinking of starting a case mod

which filters are you referring to? I've got some of the mesh ones with the plastic ring on a couple rigs I've done, and they work well The DEMCI filters are the best, and come in many sizes and shapes

If I may make one suggestion, find some 200mm fans, they're high airflow (usually) and low noise (usually).

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Thinking of starting a case mod

I'd move away from the rectangle shape.

come up with something that flows... like a porsche. lean mean balanced and air cooled.