Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mosepads

Default Re: mosepads

Rankenphile has some great points there-a lot of hardware companies see his endorsement of their products as an important marketing feature, and you're quite right-he has a good agent

Apparently he's made tons of money but is too busy practicing to spend any of it.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Yeah yeah yeah, big deal. I was in the Guiness book for playing Space Invaders back in the 80's, I didn't get my name on any hardware. All I got was a lot of lost sleep.

I'm fairly sure I could not only kill him in UT, I could possibly beat him occasionally. I'm very good at UT.

Not a brag, I just can't imagine there being a person that I couldn't nail in that game, it seems a bit unlikely to say the least. Nobody is THAT good. Unless he's using a hack of some sort, which I can't imagine happening in a tournament but it could I suppose.

Rankenphile

Basically, if you don't shut him down in the first thirty seconds, he'll own you completely. He has a way of completely running a map, controlling the respawn of the weapons and such and has perfectly timed circuits of all spawns. It's really crazy to watch. There were some hardcore players there, too, that just couldn't even come close. Once he takes you out the first couple times, he's so far overpowering you you don't really have a chance. It's fun to watch, in a way, but after a while you just feel sorry for the competition.

I can take 'em, seriously, I'm fairly sure if it. Probably not every time but at least once in a while. A lot of it depends on the map being played of course and the mutators. My best would be Low-Grav, Quad-Jump, Instagib, CTF or ONS.

Water Cooled

I can take 'em, seriously, I'm fairly sure if it.
    Geez who cares.
    Just unzip, we'll measure and we can get on with things.

The question was mouse pads.
    The answer is. it depends on the mouse. If you're using a wheeled mouse you want a surface with traction. keep it clean and lint/fuzzies/dog hair free and it will work great. I've had the same pad for 15 years and it works just fine. its a cheap neoprene pad with fabric top. just keep the rollers in the mouse clean. If you have an optical mouse texture is good for tracking resolution avoid highly polished surfaces.

And don't get sucked in by the marketing hype - its just a mousepad.

Cevinzol... We'd addressed the mousepad issue and were just chatting, is that alright with you? Yeesh!

And no, some mousepads DO improve traction, speed and accuracy, if you don't notice a difference it's because you've not had the chance to try several dozen different kinds to tell, I have and there IS a difference.

FrozenCPU special edition ratpadzGS.

It's a hard surface designed for extended use(skin rubbing off) for optical mice. I haven't had a single problem with it. Slick, quick, and very cool.

http://www.ratpadz.com/

Fresh Paint

here are some good "ergonomic" mouse pads.

im using one from http://www.func.net/.

Water Cooled

Now THOSE are mouse pads

There were mousepads there?