Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mosepads

Default Re: mosepads

Which is your favourite? I'd go for Azumi. I'm not keen on blondes (though she is cute) the pink one's head is too small, and the other looks like her head is on wrong...
    And Black & Blue would match my mod...

Who cares what color your mod is man! Pick the one that'll distract you the least in a heavy combat situation, otherwise you'll hear "N00B!" chants in every game you play.

I don't play games, so the one that matches the mod would be more appropriate.
    For combat situations, I have a laser sighted .45 in my cupboard...

Hmmm, yeah but a pistol is no good against a BFG5000 dude.

Well then go with what matches your mod, or build your own mousepad. Seriously, you can get all the materials you need for it at a hardware store and/or craft store.

Rankenphile

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's got to be the most brilliant ergonomic design I've ever seen.

Mouse pad? People use mouse pads??

I seem to do fairly well playing Americas Army without a mouse pad. When there aren't any cheaters (IE right after a major punk buster update) I can play for hours and rack up 150kills and maybe 2 deaths. When cheaters are online I normally still go 2kills/death. Depends on how many cheaters on a server and how good my teammates are. I have a 2.6 over all frag rate, including fighting against hacks with normal human skill. I'm about as good with any other game I just don't like them run & gun games like UT, except an instagib match or two. I'd play that fatality or what ever in AA any day without a mouse pad

I say don't waste your money on a mouse pad. I use an extremely modded MS Intellimouse optical. I used these optical mice since ~1999. It is the MS mouse with 5 buttons. I paid $50 for my 1st one and $23 for the last/current one 3 years ago. They run ~$20.00 now (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=200401) on zipzoomfly.
    I have a Logitech MX510 mouse and test used many other MXxxx mice. I found them all a POS compared to my intellimouse. I have 4 intellimice and all of them work equally well, just my modded one lets me shoot faster with my hardware hacks. I added a switch to let me fire 2 round burst with one button press fast as the sensor could pick it up. I love optical isolators.

I use the standard glides that come with the mouse as well, as said above works for me.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather
    Hmmm, yeah but a pistol is no good against a BFG5000 dude.
    Pah! I spit at your BFG, I've been shot with those before, you just spring back to life again.
    If you were shot with my .45 you'd stay dead.

Oh, I dunno about that xmas. I've been shot with a 9mm and I came back. Ok, yeah, it was in the leg, but still.

Guttenaffe, you're using a very old, low resolution mouse there, even still you might notice the difference with a good mousepad. We're not talking about those rubbery types of mousepads here, these are mousepads specifically for optical and laser mice. Depending on what kind of surface you have to work on, they can be a very important thing or they can be sort of pointless. It's got to do with several factors. One being traction or smoothness (your preference), the other being tracking (an optical mouse won't track well on certain surfaces, espescially glass or highly reflective surfaces) among other things, there are still reasons to use mousepads.

But like I said, you can make your own.

That MS mouse has:
    Sampling Rate: upto 9000 frames/second
    Tracking: 400 trackable points/inch
    Tracking Speed: 20 inches per second

I've used a MX518 and own a MX510 and none of them feel right to me, I hate the lopsided feel that bugs my wrist when I use it.

The only other mouse I've ever used and liked is the Razor Copperhead, it is overpriced for me to buy one. Even though I have a $180 Deck Legond keyboard, tempting to buy one though just can't see the point and I doubt it'll make that much differance. I might buy one in a month or two though...

As I said I don't see the any advantage to a mouse pad over something that gives good contrast for the optical sensor to pickup pixels on. I use an 11000mcd green LED on a red & dark brown desk which works REAL well.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

I had a Razer, didn't like it, too lightweight and the whole ambidexterous design looks good on paper but is annoying in person. I use a Logitech G7 with an MX1000 for backup. I have several other mice, including the Microsoft you have, the whole MX line from Logitech and so forth. I used to use the MS mouse back when it was new, but it's much too slow and imprecise now by comparison. I had a chance to get a Razer Copperhead, I passed on it after the experience I had with the other one. The concepts they have are good but they're just not for me. I prefer a heavier mouse for one thing.