Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mosepads

Default Re: mosepads

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather
    I had a Razer, didn't like it, too lightweight and the whole ambidexterous design looks good on paper but is annoying in person. I use a Logitech G7 with an MX1000 for backup. I have several other mice, including the Microsoft you have, the whole MX line from Logitech and so forth. I used to use the MS mouse back when it was new, but it's much too slow and imprecise now by comparison. I had a chance to get a Razer Copperhead, I passed on it after the experience I had with the other one. The concepts they have are good but they're just not for me. I prefer a heavier mouse for one thing.
    I hate keeping this off topic, but the copperhead has an add-on weight kit. Think it's another $15 (which is annoying when Logitech includes them for free)

Reason I like the MS mouse is I use my hand to add friction for higher precision. The copperhead allowed me to do this as well, which is why I liked it too. I got used to doing this when I used a ball mouse back in the 90's. Actually I was geeky enough back then to add better IR sensors (more narrow and sensitive) and then split the spokes of the wheel in order to increase performance. To sort of bring this post into topic, I can see the point of a mouse pad for a ball mouse because it's needed to keep crap from going inside the mouse housing.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

I never could get used to trackballs. I take it you've got smaller hands then? That might be why you prefer those mice. I have really large hands and while I liked the MS mouse for its time, the Logitech mice have been better lately. Espescially the MX and G series. And yeah, the Logitech G5 has the weight kit, the G7 doesn't really need it, it's a cordless rechargable mouse and has enough weight without them. I never had a Copperhead, I can only talk about the Diamondback Plasma LTD. I would up modding that to use with my Necronomicase project and used Polymer Clay,which has given it some weight but doesn't help with the side button problems (not keen on the positioning).

As for going off topic, I never worry about that. Topics go in strange directions, you can't talk about mousepads forever so the topic will mutate, nothing wrong with that.

Anodized

sorry to take this off topic again,

but UT isnt really one of wendels big games, his main one is Q3

its what he is huge for, i think like in quakecon 01' thru 04' or something, he was undefeated by everyone that dared face him in q3a.

on google video (and maybe youtube) there is alot of videos of his sessions, and they are CRAZY.

-clay