Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caution needed buying used Steam activated games.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Caution needed buying used Steam activated games.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
    Nope, I had never registered steam. I had gotten halflife 2 and decided to create an account and consolidate my games. I was not a happy camper.
    really?

lol i pulled my HL1 box out one day, tried it and got HL1 on mah account.

whats up with everyone BUT me having problems with steam? maybe i'm just easily entertained.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    whats up with everyone BUT me having problems with steam? maybe i'm just easily entertained.
    I've never had problems with Steam.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    what is funny though is people selling there accounts. so basically its like a used-game mega bundle for a steep discount.

EA's attempt at steam though is hilarious, Why would i want a whole program just dedicated to EA titles?

what makes steam popular is the vast range of titles and genres (yes other genres exist besides call of duty and madden 2010) with its integrated voice/chat communications and ease of play with friends.

I'm sure as most of you have noticed its a pretty big pain in the ass to go out and find a friend on certain games, steam has made it easy as hell.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I haven't, either.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I haven't had any troubles at all, although some of the other users are a**holes.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    I haven't had any troubles at all, although some of the other users are a**holes.
    Just be glad you're not on XBL.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    EA's attempt at steam though is hilarious, Why would i want a whole program just dedicated to EA titles?
    Sigh... Battlefield 3

Your right.. it kind of looks like Steam on the outside but its just a hollow shell of disappointment. All Origin has done so far is make Battlefield 3 not available on Steam so I can't use any of the features I currently enjoy with BC2. In fact I originally bought BC2 from EA (pre-Origin) and re-bought it (super cheap) on Steam just so I can have it on Steam.

As for digital distribution killing the used game market... They are one of the last on board with this. Try selling a used mp3 or a used ebook!?!? Not to mention a used digital downloaded movie from Blockbuster or Amazon. I usually don't sell games so it hasn't been a problem for me, but when it comes to digital downloaded copies of new games.. I think there should be at least some break over the physical media counter parts. I know in some cases there are, but mostly I see new releases the same price. ie Battlefield 3 LE Digial download is 59.99! Bah.

Just be glad you're not on XBL.
    Yeah I really only use XBL to play with friends anymore. Random people are a-holes on there and it's flooded with little kids with sour mouths who have the vocabulary of a dirty sailor.

Although I DO have to admit, steam does have a cool multiplayer setup, it is nice to connect with friends on there. My biggest deal is just their customer service and the way I was treated. Being able to just download a game and play it is pretty nice. I remember when I lost the last disc to HL2 and I was able to download the game, I was ecstatic to play again. Customer service is really my only big complaint.

Anyone remember the ORIGINAL steam? Before it became what it is now? LOL

Custom Title Honors

who have the vocabulary of a dirty sailor.

man, i should fit right in then, since i AM a dirty sailor, lol.

Yeah I really only use XBL to play with friends anymore. Random people are a-holes on there and it's flooded with little kids with sour mouths who have the vocabulary of a dirty sailor.

Although I DO have to admit, steam does have a cool multiplayer setup, it is nice to connect with friends on there. My biggest deal is just their customer service and the way I was treated. Being able to just download a game and play it is pretty nice. I remember when I lost the last disc to HL2 and I was able to download the game, I was ecstatic to play again. Customer service is really my only big complaint.

Anyone remember the ORIGINAL steam? Before it became what it is now? LOL
    Yup i've had steam since the start, wasn't any voice com, wasn't any chat or friends list, wasn't any join friends now buttons or well..much besides a list with auto update.

AND!!!

You know whats the best part about computer gaming?

The technical aspects behind the hardware/software needed to game on a PC keep the 14 year old trolls from playing.

or at least keep them from getting good FPS, so i can just buck shot there a@#es repeatedly on my way to cap his flag 14 times out of 14 times @ 132fps @ 1920x1200 22xAA 16xAF.

You've got to remember your not Cool CorsePerVita to valve, your just another person trying to hack steam to get another game. (or so it seems to them)

which your not, but everyone else ruins it for you..which is pretty much like everything else in life, takes 1 person to ruin it for everyone else.