Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell has Luke been?

Default Where the hell has Luke been?

Hey everyone!

It's been a couple of months since I've been around here, so I though I should drop in and say hi, and give an update as to what's going on.

Yes, i'm still working in IT... but my love of music is taking over.

Lsat week, we got our first song on the radio, and we are finishing the artwork for a CD release in the next few weeks!

I play lead guitar in this band:

http://www.reverbnation.com/tattered

Yes, that's me with the green Les Paul.

Have a listen, and give me some honest feedback! Even if you think it's terrible, please let me know!

I miss TBCS, it's just been tough to accomplish any projects with so little time and resources over the last few years. After work and family, the few precious moments of spare time that I do have end up being for playing guitar.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Default Re: Where the hell has Luke been?

I like it. Sounds good. The recordings sound a bit off though. I don't know how to explain it. Like it sounds just a tad distant, and the guitar just takes over the singer a bit. If the singer was bumped a bit more into the foreground and the distant feeling fixed it would be awesome.

Aside from that real small niggle I really liked all the songs. If I were that talented at something I would be pouring all my free time into it as well. Keep up the good work.

These recordings are for our demo, so I couldnt be happier with the quality! I'm more than happy to hand this disc to someone to try and secure a gig, and we are writing constantly now! Our next show is in October, so we will be making some money in the next little while to finance the full album.

We are doing a photoshoot tonight too, so I'll be adding more content to the Reverb site, as well as our Facebook page (search: Tattered).

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Nice. For a demo the quality is great. Far higher than what I've usually heard with demos. I hadn't realized that when I commented.

How did you get out of my basement Luke?!
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

How come that guitar doesn't have LED Stripe lighting, sleeved cables, aluminum LED buttons and knobs with a liquid cooled fret board (cause your so move so fast you would catch the damn thing on fire if it wasn't liquid cooled)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Sounds good, I like. Good sound; nice balance between instrumental and vocals.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    How come that guitar doesn't have LED Stripe lighting, sleeved cables, aluminum LED buttons and knobs with a liquid cooled fret board (cause your so move so fast you would catch the damn thing on fire if it wasn't liquid cooled)
    Sleeving is inside the control cavity, I considered the leds behind the knobs, but this guitar isnt flashy enough.

If I can raise some money for another guitar, LED's and UV reactive strings will be on the table.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

great to hear that your still keeping at it Luke!

Thats some great music you guys are making if you guys play a act in Edmonton let me know and Ill show!
    Will

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    If I can raise some money for another guitar, LED's and UV reactive strings will be on the table.

dude you know that would be the s@#t