Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

Default Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

Razer has something up their sleeve...

Default Re: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

They have my attention, but if I'm going to be playing a game, it's going to be on a PC for
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Ability to upgrade
    • Simultaneous internet access
    • Monitor resolution and multiple monitors
    • Graphics
    • Poly count
    • Mods

and probably 10 other things I'll think of after I hit 'submit reply'.

Who has been saying PC gaming is dead? All 3 consoles are terrible in every way except upfront cost when compared to PC. The only thing the consoles have is forced contractual obligations on the game publishers to release console versions only or at least delay PC versions.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Interesting...I wonder what that's all about.

On the topic of the 'demise' of PC gaming, personally I think it's about to swing back the other way completely. Think about it. Today, most people have a computer of some sort. So there's a massive potential market that has already bought into the platform. Combine that with the ever increasing lead that hardware tech has been making over graphics requirements and the integration of more powerful GPU tech into entry-level systems (think AMD Fusion), and unless something major changes, I think soon we'll see standard, entry-level systems able to run all the latest games at settings to rival or crush consoles. When the barrier of entry is removed or lowered significantly, I think less and less people will be drawn to consoles. Hell, look at how smartphone gaming has taken off (granted, with a ridiculously high percentage of crap, but hey, what do you expect).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    All 3 consoles are terrible in every way except upfront cost when compared to PC. The only thing the consoles have is forced contractual obligations on the game publishers to release console versions only or at least delay PC versions.
    No easy access to hacking, everyone has the same hardware. Don't gimme that mouse+KB>controller thing, I use both and find either is good to use.

Since everyone has to pay (XBL) to play online I find there are FAR fewer trolls and people who sit AFK for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Collinstheclown View Post
    No easy access to hacking, everyone has the same hardware. Don't gimme that mouse+KB>controller thing, I use both and find either is good to use.

Since everyone has to pay (XBL) to play online I find there are FAR fewer trolls and people who sit AFK for no reason.
    Why does everyone need the same hardware? You either meet minimum specs or you don't. I guess you missed that whole Sony incident? Anyone who feels like googling for a bit can hack PS3 games now. My keyboard has roughly 90+ more keys than your 360 controller and my mouse operates at a much higher resolution than does any console thumbstick. I can also macro if I so choose. Trolls and AFKers can be autokicked by a script in any decent PC server. BF2 servers that run admin scripts are clean and enjoyable. Also, I don't need to pay a monthly fee to enjoy them.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

You know, funny thing about that...Microsoft tried making PC gamers pay to play online for a while (Microsoft Live anyone?)...it didn't work and they ended up making it free.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Trolls and AFKers can be autokicked by a script in any decent PC server. BF2 servers that run admin scripts are clean and enjoyable. Also, I don't need to pay a monthly fee to enjoy them.
    This hints at another big difference with most (not all...I'm looking at you CoD:MW2 -_^ ) PC games. Usually people can run their own servers, and so have much more control over them to deal with trolls, hackers, etc. ...you know, if you care about multiplayer...which I don't...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I find the exact opposite... Almost once a day someone threatens to kill my little brother, hunt him down, ect on XBL... The higher entry cost to pc gaming seems to clean out the dicks far more effectively than xbl subscription fees.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    I find the exact opposite... Almost once a day someone threatens to kill my little brother, hunt him down, ect on XBL... The higher entry cost to pc gaming seems to clean out the dicks far more effectively than xbl subscription fees.
    I find the same... LOTS of trolls on XBL. Shoot... anyone watch machinima vids? They ENJOY trolling and post it online. Hell... it's entertaining... but when you realize how some people react it's like wow... just a game ppl, don't take it so seriously.

I pretty much JUST play SC2 now online, I have so few friends who game anymore, trying to play games online xbl or on pc is just "Bleh" to me.

Custom Title Honors

i don't really like any of the online gaming. i prefer to have a single player game that i can enjoy for a long time by myself. if i had any friends close by that were gamers i would probably get into gaming at lan parties in a private environment.

also, i find extremely hard to justify spending $300 on a console, but have no issues with spending 2 or 3 times that much to build a computer, lol. i know, dumb huh?

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

I myself have never played console games very much; for me, old DOS games, such as Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, and the original Duke Nukem, are the equivalent of such console games as Super Mario Bros. or The Legend of Zelda; I played them when I was young and they provided me with many hours of entertainment. The only game consoles that I ever owned were a GameBoy Pocket and GameBoy Advance that I bought (or had my parents give me as gifts) when they were first released in the United States, and while I did enjoy using them, they never replaced my personal computer as my main method of playing video games.

I prefer a personal computer for gaming because it can be easily upgraded and has many functions beyond gaming, while most consoles until recently were limited to only game-playing. Plus, it can even emulate consoles, eliminating the need to have the consoles physically and thus saving physical space. Therefore, I do definitely agree that desktop PC gaming shall never be "dead," although I do disagree that there was ever a decline or the possibility of it becoming obsolete.

However, I do believe that consoles have one advantage over desktop computers, currently; they can have multiple players playing a single game on a single machine. Most computer games still require two separate copies of a game on two separate machines for a multi-player experience, which can be impractical in certain situations. I believe that the makers of computer games need to implement multi-player support on a single machine, which I believe can be accomplished by usage of USB game controllers, which usually are not terribly expensive for purchase.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin