Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

Default Re: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

^ I can follow that logic. The only consoles I still own are, My game cube, mainly for 4 player mario cart, mario party, and smash bros, and my nintendo DS.... The only one that seems at all attractive to me out of the current crop is the 3ds now that the price has dropped, and thats just so I can use it to watch netflix while i'm at the gym. lol
    Last edited by diluzio91; 08-23-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: I thought i could deal with the grammar error, but I couldn't..
    Not dead yet

i have a wii, buts its mostly for homebrew stuff. ive prefered pc gaming ever since my hit.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I only know of one advantage that consoles have over PCs. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing it will work. No driver or hardware compatibility issues. That's worth something, but not enough.

I started with a Telstar Ranger, circa 1978. Went through the Atari 2600, the 5200, Colecovision, Odyssey, NES and N64. Then along came the PC and I never looked back. I had a Dreamcast for a while, strictly for Soul Caliber, because I loved the game, and I have a Wii now but it gets used for Netflix four times as much as it gets used for gaming.

How anyone can possibly say that a game controller can come anywhere close to the utility and comfort of even a basic keyboard and mouse is absolutely beyond me, let alone today's modern hardware with their ridiculous streams of built-in options.

Long live PC gaming.
    Last edited by blueonblack; 08-25-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I only know of one advantage that consoles have over PCs. When you buy a console game you can take it home knowing it will work. No driver or hardware compatibility issues. That's worth something, but not enough.

I started with a Telstar Ranger, circa 1978. Went through the Atari 2600, the 5200, Colecovision, Odyssey, NES and N64. Then along came the PC and I never looked back. I had a Dreamcast for a while, strictly for Soul Caliber, because I loved the game, and I have a Wii now but it gets used for Netflix four times as much as it gets used for gaming.

How anyone can possibly say that a game controller can come anywhere close to the utility and comfort of even a basic keyboard and mouse is absolutely beyond me, let alone today's modern hardware with their ridiculous streams of built-in options.

Long live PC gaming.
    I definitely agree with you completely, but what if a group of people wish to play the same game on a single computer? How can they use only a single mouse and keyboard? I definitely believe that computer games need to have a feature that allows them to recognize multiple input devices and display those inputs separately on the monitor, as do all video game consoles. Modern computers definitely have the processing power to handle multiple inputs.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDragonJ View Post
    I definitely agree with you completely, but what if a group of people wish to play the same game on a single computer? How can they use only a single mouse and keyboard? I definitely believe that computer games need to have a feature that allows them to recognize multiple input devices and display those inputs separately on the monitor, as do all video game consoles. Modern computers definitely have the processing power to handle multiple inputs.
    Ok, granted, that's another advantage of the console. And also granted, this needs to be addressed in the PC, and likely will in the near future.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDragonJ View Post
    There are a few older games that allow you to play with 2 people on one computer (forget the names right now, but I can check if you like), but that was with both players using the keyboard or one keyboard and one controller (a game pad or joystick). To be honest it was not very easy with 2 people on the same keyboard. With USB devices it is possible to have more than one KB/Mouse setup. It is up to the game developers to include support for multiple players on one system though.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Custom Title Honors

with the massive power of today's video cards, i would think that game programmers could (once they get multiple input device code created) display each player's screen on a separate monitor as well. since power gamers all have more than 1 monitor anyway, right?

1 hour: 34 minutes to go http://www.pcgamingisnotdead.com/

thats actually a really nice looking laptop

it looks like a mac on the outside..... but with better utility, better thermals (zomg a vent, razer does love us) better design, cooler buttons, and better components, lets just hope that they bring it home around the $1500 price point, not the $2k price point... Otherwise it'll sell, but it wont be competitive really with other "gaming" laptops in the same form factor and price.

Edit: ouch... never mind... Its cool, but not $2800 cool... That razer oled screen isnt worth a $1000 markup over a sager, or even an alienware that has the same specs... Hopefully the price drops when retail time comes, because its a sweet looking machine, but with apple's pricing schemes, and without a low end/ entry model, i don't see people buying it in that kind of bulk...
    Not dead yet