Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Razer - PC Gaming is not dead.

Really Razer? That's your plan to 'save' PC gaming (if, in fact, it needed saving)? A new gaming laptop? Ok, granted, it's a nice laptop with a lot of power crammed into a small package...not sure I like the toushcreen thingy, but whatever. But for $2,800? I could buy 2 Asus G53SX-XN1 that would each outperform that (well, not quite as good a CPU, but the 2640M isn't actually out yet, so...) and still have $600 left over to, idk, buy games? Yeah, ok, it's 1.2" thicker and 1lb heavier...but sorry, that's not worth $1,600 to me.

Also, stop automatically resizing my window. What is this, 1995? It's annoying and it serves no purpose. Your site works just fine on smaller resolutions; I don't need it to take over my whole screen and screw up my window size.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

So in other words... Good news? Razer made a cool gadget... Bad news? if the fate of gaming was up to razer we would all be boned...
    Not dead yet

I think the point is that there are a ton of people that have opted for lesser capable laptops because of the portability factor. Mac books are usually lighter and more durable then your typical gaming laptop. Your typical lighter weight and more portable Windows based laptops are about as good for gaming as the Macbook Pro. So they just buy a console for their gaming needs and use the laptop for computing needs. I believe the idea here is that you can get a machine that is the best of both worlds. Will it sell? I have no idea, but there are plenty of folks out there that spend this kind of money on computers all the time, so who knows.

A 17" Macbook Pro starts at 2500
    Last edited by OvRiDe; 08-26-2011 at 10:44 PM.

There are many people who want spend that kind of money on a computer, but most people who opt for console gaming cite the price of a gaming computer is the thing that deters them from it, While it's a cool laptop, and im sure that there will be buyers, the main problem that i see is that it doesn't alleviate the expense argument, in fact, for many it compounds it, because they will see this as a gaming laptop, look at the $2800 price tag, then go back and buy a $200 xbox. Many of the people who are worried about the price aspect of the gaming don't realize that 2.8K can build you a gaming desktop, buy a gaming laptop, and leave you with cash left over to buy games too... Thats my argument.

A hot pot that reaches the same temps as a macbook pro starts at 25.00
    Not dead yet