Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $18,000 what to buy

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Re: $18,000 what to buy

whats the point. in 3 weeks your 18000 will be worth 9000. and you wont have the best of the best anymore. so.... buy a couple grand worth, invest the rest in the stock market, cash out a bit every year, and buy a new one every year. always have a good comp but get a new one every year. and hopefully if all goes well, your stocks will only go up......

Water Cooled

buy a couple grand worth, invest the rest in the stock market
    Lol. Welcome to page 2 Bart

Are you sure the optimus keyboard is fake?

I'm not sure on the Optimus, but the Das Keyboard is available, so it isn't fake. The Optimus may be being pushed back cecause of copyright issues. We'll just have to see if the mini-3 is released in August.

I'm sure the Optimus is fake and I'm also sure that Das Keyboard is a scam and a ripoff. The Optimus will never see the light of day, it's a scam run by that guy to get pre-orders and take people's money and they can't do anything about it because he's in Russia. Das Keyboard is simply a $19 Keytronic E03600 keyboard...

I strongly urge anyone who doubts me to plug this into Google, simply cut & paste the following...

"Das Keyboard" +Keytronic

See for yourself. I didn't lie when I said I exposed this scam last year, if you want to blow $80 on a $19 keyboard that's your loss I guess and if you want to send $200 or more to Artemy Lebedev so he can further his scam, again, your loss.

I didn't mean to say that spending $90 on that keyboard isn't a ripoff, but it does exist. As far as the optimus ever getting on market, you are the only person I've heard say that. Idk, you've made me skeptical, and at teh same time you are the only person I've heard say that the optimus is a lie. It does make sense though, there are no pics with anyone touching it or it on a desk or anything. Whatev, I'll just wait and see.

Rankenphile

That, plus the OLED international patent is held by an American company, making that keyboard in violation of patent law.

Exactly what I reported Ranken, that's just one of the problems with it, the other is that if it were a real keyboard it would be outrageously expensive, not the $200 or so that guy is suggesting for the price tag.

Further consider this, if you've been watching this supposed keyboard develop, you'd have seen the release dates go from early last year and jump a month or two at a time with various excuses up until now. If it were real it'd be out by now or at least we'd see a proof of concept or a demo of it or something but all we have ever seen are his 3D renders. There aren't even any actual photographs of the things he claims exist and are shipping right now, those include his 3 Key OLED device and the pointer mouse. Just renders.

I realize I'm the only one who is activly stating it's a fraud but that doesn't make it real. A lot of people are, for some reason, living in a dream world where they want this keyboard to be real so much that they won't admit to themselves that it's just not possible. Not for that price and not from that person.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/29/o...play-keyboard/

http://digg.com/technology/Artemy_Le...Patented_1998_

There are plenty of other mentions of the existing patents on OLED technology that would prevent him from doing this. But putting that aside even, most of the OLED uses are for things like cell phone displays and so forth, nobody has ever been bold enough to claim that they're putting over 100 OLED screens in a single device and charging around $200 for it. Considering the cost of each OLED display (cost now, that's his cost) would be around $30-40 each, is it any wonder I say it's a load of horse manure?

Back to the original topic...

http://www.voodoopc.com/system/quote...productID=1090

Starts at $13,887.49 but if you select a few options, it can reach $23,000.

What I would think would be awesome and enough for your money:

Asus A8N-SLI Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 4800+
    Dual 7900 GTX 512 MB
    4 GB RAM Corsair (2 GB is enough though)
    Agea Physics Card (Kind of pointless but good to have, if you have money to throw away)
    And all the rest like the HD and the PSU (650 Watts)

For $2000 I recently built my own PC:

AMD 4200+
    7900 GTX 512 MB
    2GB Corsair RAM
    400 GB Western Digital HD
    A8N-SLI Mobo
    Thermaltake 500 watts PSU
    And the rest which is the DVD drive, I think it's a lite on.
    I think this computer is high end for 2000$, and if I had 1000$ more, I would buy an extra 7900GTX, maybe some RAM and that's it. But my PC blows any game away, and one 7900 is good enough, 2 would just be to showoff. So with 3500$ you can get a really top of the line PC, you just have to know where to buy the parts, for example, upon buying the 7900 GTX here in Switzerland, I went to one shop and it was like 700$, I went to another, it was 600$, so you see, you need to know where to buy the stuff also. But if you have money to throw away...

I would spend 3500 now an constantly upgrade and invest the rest, like my dad always says "money breeds it's own money".
    Like someone said, if you have more money than sense, go to alienware and just get the most expensive and tick every check box!