Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any good movie recommendations?

Default Any good movie recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you could suggest any of your favorite movies. I have nearly exhausted Netflix and I know there are many great films that are less heard of that I have not seen. So if you know of a diamond in the ruff, do pass it on please.

Anodized

Default Re: Any good movie recommendations?

hmmm...

gladitor? starwars? dvd edition of 24? a happy tree friends dvd?, dumb and dumber?

just a few movies off of the top of my head.

I love happy tree friends, i got all the games and one of the DVD's, its sooo cool

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I think he's going for more obscure movies. Exhausting netflix isn't really possible.

What kind of movies? I'm a pretty big movie nerd. I have a collection of about 900 films and have watched them all at least once.

"dogtown and the z boys" and "the fog of war" are a few of my favorites

Rankenphile

I can't find it on Netflix, which means it may not be on DVD, but I loved La Haine (or "Hate" as it is sometimes sold as in the US)

Smoke with Harvey Keitel is a good movie, great storyline, but no action or anything. A little slow, but is like watching a good book, if you know what I mean.

If you like movies that are a bit disturbing and will really mess with your head (not in the trippy way, but in the "Jesus, these people are messed up" way, like "Kids", or "Gummo") then Happiness is a great one. Word of warning - not for kids, and when I first watched this movie, I hated it. Violently. As in I hated the film-maker for even creating this movie, it was so disturbing. After I knew what I was in for, I watched it again and loved it, but it's a tough one to get through the first time. John Lovitz' performance in the opening scene is priceless, though.

Welcome to the Doll House is another great one. Very awkward early-teenage girl named Dawn Weiner tries too hard to fit in. Sort of disturbingly honest, but brutally funny.

If you like dumb, South Park-esque comedy and are not easily offended, Orgazmo is absolutely hilarious, but pretty poorly made. It was Trey Parker's (co-creator of South Park) first quality movie. If you enjoy poorly-made movies and Trey Parker, check out his very first movie, Cannibal! The Musical. Warning, this one is really, really bad, in a funny way. If you like Troma movies, this is a great one.

If you can't tell, I enjoy wierd and independent films, and am really hard to offend. Take a look, if you like any of those movies, let me know and I can probably dig up a dozen more you might like.

Has any one seen "Primer". Its pretty wild. The movie was made for $7000, but the story is very interesting.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Band of Brothers.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Thanks for all the suggestions, and yes, I am looking for more obscure. I have seen some of the above titles, and will definately check out the others. Thanks everybody! BTW, loved Band of Brothers, and Orgazmo was a side splitter! I am not easily offended.