Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ideer for my computer.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: ideer for my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    That's a good idea. Make up a duct that will fit around the fan housing to keep it nice and tight in there. Oh and unless you've got a fan controller, get the 800RPM ones. the 1800RPM ones I've got are LOUD. But I've got a fan controller, so I'm not worried lol.
    I've got a Lian-Li TR5B

And loud just means you know its working right : )

if i had some practice at fiber glass i could probably do a sweet a@# looking duct.

But i suck at fiber glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    if i had some practice at fiber glass i could probably do a sweet a@# looking duct.

But i suck at fiber glass.
    So get some practice in first.
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    So get some practice in first.
    well i'm actually pretty good at plastic molding.

you can heat form the plastic from a 2-3 liter soda bottle into almost any shape you want.

You just need the form and a dank heat gun.

although it doesn't work as good as vaccu-heat forming if you take awhile you can get everything laid down pretty smooth. I actually learned about this from R/C airplanes and helicopters. and wondered how these people were making elaborate shapes out of resilient plastic.

turns out they were sticking Scale models of the helicopters inside 3 liter bottles then heat forming the bottle around the model. (bastards..haha)

http://www.foamflyer.info/canopy.pdf

So I can make a mold that'll fit against the front intake. and have a aircraft type of styling to with maximum aerodynamics towards the violent 120mm fan sitting inside the chassis on the floor right in front of the video card force feeding it.

It's kind of hard to see how the front intake is made, But its supposed to have two clear lexan lens deals with about 1/2" of space on either side with some cheesy 80mm fans for intakes....and thats it for intake draw on the stock case.

Which looks really cool....but it totally blows if your trying to move a large volume of air through it. So i ditched those lenses awhile back and it improved quite a bit, especially with those hi-flow 92mm fans mounted horizontally, My GPU temps right now sit about 13F above ambient as well as the processor when the chassis closed and the fans are regulated.

But i want moar, especially if i'm going to roll dual video cards.

I've done this before a long long time ago, but it wasn't as bold as what i want to do with it now. I just mounted two blowers horiztonally sucking it with 92mm fans sucking from those into the case.

but
    heres some old pictures of this case so you can get a better idea of what i'm dealing with.

So the majority of the inside plastic on the front fascia i'm going to cut away and fit the 120mm fan towards the intake.

then cut away the majority of the metal panel.

and make a mold of the wall i want with some sort of easy mold making material. get two 3 liter soda bottles and make the molds.

then wrap them in that 3m carbon fiber film and fit the whole jamboree together.

think i'll finally cut some cable management slots into the mainboard tray since i'm cutting holes in it anyways.

: |

Long run plan is to do the whole of the outside chassis in Carbon Fiber with Chome badging to bring it upto date sorta on the looks department.

like its new brother lol.

How i'll cut the holes all together i've decided.

going to break the virgin off the case and cut holes for the power and everything since its a sealed back tray right now (thats why the cables always look cluttered in my case...no where for em to go!!)

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got those 3 fans that I'm not using if you're interested - let me know!

I've got those 3 fans that I'm not using if you're interested - let me know!
    no s#$t?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Yep, bought them for Maximum Security but then found out that my Sentry 2 wouldn't spin them up for some odd reason so I switched them out for Gentle Typhoons.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...0&postcount=43

Make me an offer - they're just sitting collecting dust. I also need to see if I have the rubber mounts and screws that came with them. I should have them somewhere. I don't have the boxes though but that's no biggie.

Fresh Paint

Which looks really cool....but it totally blows if your trying to move a large volume of air through it. So i ditched those lenses awhile back and it improved quite a bit, especially with those hi-flow 92mm fans mounted horizontally, My GPU temps right now sit about 13F above ambient as well as the processor when the chassis closed and the fans are regulated.
    Read the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...