Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Official Thermaltake Rep

Default Re: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Glad to see that the companies are coming to the consumers.

Not that much you can do for me or I can do for you; I'm broke right now, and have not had a chance to buy your products.

I've got an idea for a case; do you accept .skp (Google SketchUp) files?
    Im always open to checking out new Ideas of course. pm me

Official Thermaltake Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    The last TT item I bought was the Black X Duet HDD dock. So far its working out great. Love the ESATA.
    Funny you say that I have a BlacX Duet dock on my desk... I use that thing alot more than anyone would think.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I've been noticing a trend with new TT cases. Back when the V9 came out, TT cases were slick looking. It got even better with the V9 revision with USB 3.0 and an all black interior. The New TT Commander looks absolutely rediculous. It's littered with a bunch of goofy plastic shapes on the front. I was hoping that would've ended with the A60 and the A90.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I'd like to say thanks for showing up.

I aired my grievances in a different forum, but I'll say to everyone else here this guy is on the level, and I've seen him say that there are product problems as well, so I think you and he will get along very well.

Also, I have a toy on my bench that Tt might be interested in. You can catch me here or on XS either one.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Official Thermaltake Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    I've been noticing a trend with new TT cases. Back when the V9 came out, TT cases were slick looking. It got even better with the V9 revision with USB 3.0 and an all black interior. The New TT Commander looks absolutely rediculous. It's littered with a bunch of goofy plastic shapes on the front. I was hoping that would've ended with the A60 and the A90.
    You will see a mix of cases coming from Thermaltake.. Some that you will probably really like and some that you likely wont care for. then again the one you like the guy who likes the Armor series wont care for as well.

We are really trying to meet as many of the enthusiasts design requests as we can but im sure you can understand that we are always trying to improve and I am actually personally working on some designs that I hope will be better suited toward your style/tastes.

Official Thermaltake Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I'd like to say thanks for showing up.

I aired my grievances in a different forum, but I'll say to everyone else here this guy is on the level, and I've seen him say that there are product problems as well, so I think you and he will get along very well.

Also, I have a toy on my bench that Tt might be interested in. You can catch me here or on XS either one.
    this somewhat peaks my interest

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Good to see you here! I'll be at CES this year as well with my Maximum Security mod, can't wait to meet you!

Official Thermaltake Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Good to see you here! I'll be at CES this year as well with my Maximum Security mod, can't wait to meet you!
    absolutely

YGPM, bro.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

As a modder, I would really like to see consumer level products to control lighting, fans, etc. from a desktop application. Coolit was going to offer the Maestro, but then sold the technology to Corsair. Modders love to mod, but we also love good looking (and functioning cases). I almost hate to admit it, but I love the articulated vents on the Alienware Aurora ALX, even if they don't necessarily provide better cooling.

A full featured+ case like that isn't offered to the consumer directly, and I think there's a large segment of the market that would be interested.

Where I can see this really making an impact in the market is if you had power supplies with an easily monitored temperature and the potential for fan control. This could be integrated into a larger monitoring system controlled through USB where many aspects of the computer's stats are monitored through a desktop app. I have one of your Toughpower PSUs in my machine right now, and have wished that I could know the temp of the PSU so I would know if it is safe or not to turn the fan down. Not complaining though because it is a really great power supply.

The Thermaltake products I really like are your external hard drive holders. I've been dying to get a hold of a few to see if any would be right for a killer HAL9000 PC, but since I don't have the money to do the whole build there's been no point so far. But still, I love the product. On that note though, any and all products should be designed with modding potential. I know screws are expensive, so find ways to design products that are easily dismantled without the need for screws, or make your modders happy and just put normal screws in there so things can be easily taken apart and put back together again.

And really, I know you aren't taking orders from us or anything, but I don't think anyone is making a slim (12-15mm thick) 92mm fan. I've searched. There's money to be made anywhere for anybody who is the only one doing something.