Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Default Re: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Well said.

Tt could always look to the people who are doing wild things with their hardware (or anyone else's) and ask their secrets. Not everything could be used, I wager, but there's always something out there good.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Welcome aboard! I'm not familiar with the finish you guys use, but if you aren't already doing so, consider using a flat paint finish as opposed to textured. This will aid in cutting down prep time for anyone painting a case. (A quick scuff with a red scotch brite instead of 20 minutes sanding the texture out with 320 and 400 grit.)

I would like to see more space behind the rear panel for cables, I tried assembling a computer in an A3 and there was no room at all in the rear to hide cables.
    Not dead yet

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Ideas that just popped into my head:
    Case with exterior cable management
    Test bench case with ALL ports and cables out front
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I would love to get my hands on a test bench...

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    I would love to get my hands on a test bench...
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...k+Tech+Station

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

You can just put it in the package with the rest of my gear

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lol

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Test bench case with ALL ports and cables out front
    You know i always wanted a ATX chassis that faced the front of the computer, so the I/O headers were facing you, along with the front headers between the power supply and mainboard I/O header. The video card would also sit upwards! (the board would have to be flipped), which would be another cool feature if it has a side window.

Boy....you could almost just make a small side panel on the left hand panel i guess it would be?... with a spring assembly that you open and let close with a few fingers?

That way you could just plug in what you need to the front, open that panel and run those cables towards the rear, or even inside the case, but it'll still have a "neat" look to it when you close that panel back.

I need AutoCAD O.o

I'm personally wondering why a Case manufacturer hasn't integrated a LCD screen (maybe touch screen) Into the front of a ATX case that runs on USB (with included software..yo) especially if it had some sort of fan and lighting controller combined in it, that you know would control the most popular forms of LED lighting like RGB three pin LEDS. and have as many slots for fan regulators as the chassis has fan slots (maybe a few extra)

Man that would be sweet. Because then you just karate chopped the need for additional 50~200$ worth of drop in Controller(s) that probably wouldn't even have the talents of that case.

but you know, you'd have to make it the focal point of the design, but still pull off the look of a sleek super exotic car.... Like a Sesto Elemento.

If you could come out of the box with a computer chassis that did something like that, kept it around the 200$ ball park that we all love and make a chassis that looks like its doing 200mph while sitting on the desk, loaded with the latest technology in the industry....it'd k@#k a@#!

Official Thermaltake Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    You know i always wanted a ATX chassis that faced the front of the computer, so the I/O headers were facing you, along with the front headers between the power supply and mainboard I/O header. The video card would also sit upwards! (the board would have to be flipped), which would be another cool feature if it has a side window.

Boy....you could almost just make a small side panel on the left hand panel i guess it would be?... with a spring assembly that you open and let close with a few fingers?

That way you could just plug in what you need to the front, open that panel and run those cables towards the rear, or even inside the case, but it'll still have a "neat" look to it when you close that panel back.

I need AutoCAD O.o

I'm personally wondering why a Case manufacturer hasn't integrated a LCD screen (maybe touch screen) Into the front of a ATX case that runs on USB (with included software..yo) especially if it had some sort of fan and lighting controller combined in it, that you know would control the most popular forms of LED lighting like RGB three pin LEDS. and have as many slots for fan regulators as the chassis has fan slots (maybe a few extra)

Man that would be sweet. Because then you just karate chopped the need for additional 50~200$ worth of drop in Controller(s) that probably wouldn't even have the talents of that case.

but you know, you'd have to make it the focal point of the design, but still pull off the look of a sleek super exotic car.... Like a Sesto Elemento.

If you could come out of the box with a computer chassis that did something like that, kept it around the 200$ ball park that we all love and make a chassis that looks like its doing 200mph while sitting on the desk, loaded with the latest technology in the industry....it'd k@#k a@#!

Thats an interesting idea for sure.... not quite sure how to implement it and be affordable but definitely unique