Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: If you think liquid cooling is boring...

Default Re: If you think liquid cooling is boring...

With Fuganater's stimulus package, I've greatly expanded my test facilities!

I've got a shear/breakdown test loop (Bitspower res with their tiny anticyclone fitting hooked to a D4,) a worst case loop with a D4 in a TyphoonIII to see how D5 integrated reservoirs (like the Myriad and the Monsoon, as well as FrozenQ's new reservoirs) handle the fluid and a loop with a 401x2, DDC 3.1, EK VGA-Supreme and XSPC RS120 to simulate loop conditions. This is in addition to the loops in our personal rigs. It's actually let me test a few new tricks super-fast without having to sit and wait for days-like telling me a really nice-looking blue I came up with was just infeasible in a loop situation-it never stopped frothing long enough to stare at.

More pics...

This held such promise...

It looked so good...

And turned into a blue-gray blur in two of my loops. I still may try it with the slower one and see how it fares.

And this is the finalized Papa Midnight formula. This (if there's ever a real release) is one of the finalized colors.

Even in the breakdown loop it's just giving two middle fingers to the D4.

Papa Midnight is a decently well tested color, and will be on "the list" for whatever comes in the future.

More is coming-including some new stuff you won't believe till you see...
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Looks good! I hope the gear helps out.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

nice!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Hows this old up to repeated Heat/Cool cycles?

i'd just wonder if it would stay emulsified after a few months of cycles if your adding that mixture right into the water itself.

( i kinda like the accidental dark blue color btw )

It's in loop testing now. I know all my additives can handle loop temps, it's how they do it all together.

I have other stuff in the works that's well more proven than this. Just working on getting everything together in one place.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    It's in loop testing now. I know all my additives can handle loop temps, it's how they do it all together.

I have other stuff in the works that's well more proven than this. Just working on getting everything together in one place.
    s2#t does look promising, i'd strike out a pending patent design (like 200$) and go from there if you think this is actually something that could be mass marketed. because i'd certainly add this into a loop if you can iron out the problems and do some serious stress testing with your formulas.

You might try some chemistry forums as well. forums are always the best answer to any problem it seems these days.

Mayhem did a worldwide patent on it. Mine is pretty similar to his chemistry wise, so I think I might run into issues there.

I'm using this to finalize a really interesting (and not related) idea for a better coolant as well as something that's much more visually striking. It'll get its own thread when the stuff gets here.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Speaking of Mayhem...is he throwing you under the bus?

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...=1#post2828987

O_o... ^ Wow... pretty strong wording there on his part... I'm pretty sure you havn't sold any of it, and have expressed all your safety concern's... Not to mention from what i've read you havn't let any of the fluid escape the confines of your testing areas...
    Not dead yet

I have other, nonrelated items coming that will prove that I'm more than just an imitator. Believe me, there's lots of neat stuff here in my lab that's waiting to get out. It'll be fun getting them out and into the wild.

The best way to beat someone? Prove them wrong. I have plenty of tricks besides being able to look at something and replicate it.

If only my shipments would get in.