Thread: Case mod idea: Custom Bench Testing Station/Case

Fresh Paint

Default Case mod idea: Custom Bench Testing Station/Case

So I have been looking around for a case, because the one i have is crap. And i just desided to build one, i have built one before, it was very amature, i learned a lot.

What i was thinking was having something like a bench test case. They usually have 2 levels, one for the psu and one for the mobo tray, but tweeking it.

I would have the MOBO tray about 8 inches off the ground, being supported by 4 legs, and then have a enclosed box about 6 inches about that. In that box would be the cd drive. the hard drive, and the psu.

However the mobo would be raised about 2 inches over the floor of the level, to allow for fans to be installed below the motherboard, and to the side of it.

then i would cut holes in the bottom of this box to allow for wires to come down, I would cut the holes out exactly where the wires needed to be, ie, right over the video cards, 24 pin connector, or mobo extre 4pin power. So that they would be just going strait down,

The Sata cables could also go up through these holes.

Then i would enclose 3 sides of the case with plexi. The majority of the cooling would come from below and above the mobo, I would install 4 120mm fans in the bottom of the box holding the psu and put the holes between them. They would be pushing airflow downward. There would also be intake fans in the box on the sides.

Then i would like i said have fans pulling air down and out the bottom of the case.

Props to anyone who read the whole thing. I would LOVE feedback ont he idea.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Case mod idea: Custom Bench Testing Station/Case

You sound like you figured most of it out. Time to open SketchUp and make it real.