Thread: Absolutely, Will NOT Overclock

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Absolutely, Will NOT Overclock

I have a 2600K and and a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I had my 2600K running at 4.4GHz for a couple of months and all of a sudden it's back at the stock of 3.4GHz. So I try to OC it again. I've used the desktop launcher and I've gone directly into the BIOS. No matter what it set for, even if it's only 3.5GHz, it will not stick. When you reboot it goes back to stock speed over and over again.

I know that Gigabyte claims to have dual BIOS. How do I know if it's using the first BIOS or a backup? Maybe my BIOS crashed and that's why the OC is gone....?

Another thing I noticed is that my SSD is running in IDE mode. When I first set it up it was installed as AHCI mode and not IDE. What would cause it to switch to IDE?

Regardless, I didn't see any performance differance between 4.4GHz and 3.4GHz. It's just annoying.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Absolutely, Will NOT Overclock

my first thought is to reset the cmos and see if that changes anything? Check the CMOS batt too and make sure its holding a charge
    Not dead yet