Thread: I'm New My first EVER SCRATCH build CASE MOD!

Fresh Paint

Default I'm New My first EVER SCRATCH build CASE MOD!

Hi guys,

I kinda have an idea in mind for a case (i have 2 actually but one of them isn't strictly a case it's more of a desk that has a PC inside it) so here I am firstly going to list the features that Ideally i would like it to have:

Dark in color (so if made from Acrylic then transparent smoked grey) (not yet decided on complete acrylic or made from wood painted but with acrylic windows)

Cubic design (as dimensions will show)
    Large (ATM I'm thinking (H 1' 10", W 1' 10" L 2' 3")

As dust resistant as possible
    Planned really well for cable management (an area my builds always seem to suffer)

Hot swap drive bays (a luxury not really necessary)
    Support for multiple radiators (I'm thinking at least 4 4 x 120mm RADS)
    Support for as many form-factors as possible (including mounting holes for all)

CPU cutout for dual CPU's so as to be compatible with HPTX mobos (if required)
    Rear Audio panel so headphones can be connected there as well as speakers
    Custom front panel USB connector
    I'm toying with the idea of LED lighting however i don't want to go down the "tacky looking" route
    Finally the last 3 things my dream SCRATCH build would have to have/be would be as lightweight as possible, Have wheels attached to the bottom for easy move-ability and preferably have handles on top.

Sorry if it sounds like ranting but that's everything i had written in my ideas notebook (for now) thoughts??? and please no ranting!
    Thanks

Martin

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: I'm New My first EVER SCRATCH build CASE MOD!

That's one BIG case! My current build is 1' 6" squared and its pretty huge. You sound like you know what you want. Now get into SketchUp and make it!

Fresh Paint

I have a little bit but unfortunatley my sketchup skills are AWFUL to say the least, i will post a link to how far i have got today or tomorrow or later tonight!

We were all awful at one time. Patrice makes perfect.

Fresh Paint

Sorry i haven't updated recently but i went to NYcity to celebrate my 29th Birthday (it was messy)

anyway i had a long think on it and although i would still like to include Some if not ALL of the above features in my mod, i stumbled across this online (you'll have to scroll down the thread about halfway to see the pics) http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/24...oled-case-ever

now I LOVE this idea but obviously i think that guys build is WAY to messy. I will be intending to design mine in a much neater way whilst updating the materials to look more modern (than those weird fans the guys has)!

Also i will be hoping to make the build much more easily accesible for component upgrades/loop cleaning etc!

thoughts??

Fresh Paint

Umm... well... that was probably the worst build I ever saw lol. Are you making a case or a desk?

Fresh Paint

Originally i was going to make a case, but getting the plexi is proving to be too difficult/expensive, so I'm thinking go for a desk/case of you get me !

Fresh Paint

So i got my plywood today so I'm going to start on a Preliminary model build, hence the reason I'm using the wood instead of plexi!

Custom Title Honors

don't forget to take lots of pics for us.