Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: motherboard replacement- DV6000

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: motherboard replacement- DV6000

Yeah, It was the cheapest I could find with no shipping charge. It is just a piece of copper! It doesn't cost 6 bucks to ship. lol

Shim eta- 10/26-11/2 (asdlkad lol)
    HSF- 10/18-10/24
    Ribbons- 10/19-10/25
    Mobo- 10/18-10/19

And of course the 1 part I MUST have before turning on is going to take the longest to get here. If anything, I will use the recommended penny to test that it works for return policy.

I got all the laptop pics necessary, just need to work on cooler. Maybe after some sleep.

Outlaw

EDIT::: Oh and hopefully this board works. I accidentally ordered the "wrong" one through my phone... wonderful fat fingers. It's the 449902-001, and from what I understand, its the same board as the original one I wanted with the 8400m but accepts faster fsb/ram. Hopefully this will be an OK mistake.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Shut up and take my money!

I agree im pooped too lol, catch ya later, can always send me a pm if you got any questions or what not, I don't know everything but I can always do my best or just post it here and let the general audience figure it all out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Custom Title Honors

Well.. here is a very rough sketch done with paint. I think it covers the big stuff.

Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Like how the MoBo is above the WC system!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Thanks! One of the things I wasn't sure of was where the pump should be in the loop. In the pic it comes after the RAD. The Loop is: RES>RAD>PUMP>CPU>GPU>RES

I wish I had skills in sketchup or the like for a much more detailed draft.

Here would be a possible candidate for temp sensors. http://www.xoxide.com/blue-lcd-temp-sensor.html

looks pretty good! only two suggestions I could think of: maybe put some curve in the bottom, or something to allow airflow to both sides of the rad, would help keep things cool, and maybe find a way to mount a small fan controller on the side, so you can turn the fans down if you're not doing anything huge im using two of these http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10...MS6k&mv_pc=308 but I may be able to condense it down to one and send you the spare, if you want one to work with when you get that far, it works really well

Myrmidon

Custom Title Honors

That would be nice If I go manual controls. And if I do, that part would be handy. I was debating on wiring the rad fans to the mobo controlled header and let it do the rpms as needed. 2 80's shouldn't draw too much juice I don't think, but the manual control would remove all the "burn out" possibilities.

With 3 headers on that controller, I could even add a third (or 2 wired to 1 header) fan to maybe the side/s under the 'USB' instead of the bottom to allow an intake. Then it wouldn't matter the surface it's set on.

Depending on the size of this pad, I think I would try to mount the rheo facing up for easier control and less chance of snag if set on a blanket or on its side for fill/drain. Donno though, just a thought.

Any thought on speaker addition?

Thanks!
    Outlaw

Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable about speakers lol, only thing I could think of would be cracking open a cheap pair of speakers and mounting the insides into the pad, probably not a very elegant solution lol

Myrmidon

Also what areyou planning on making the cooler out of? I was thinking probably aluminum, but acrylic could look pretty sweet too, then you could show off your hard work inside :p

Myrmidon

Custom Title Honors

Yeah, I wasn't sure on the speakers either yet. Just messing with the idea.

I was looking at aluminum. There is a 19.5"x19.5"x1mm anodized on frozencpu. I could maybe do both. Alum frame with acrylic window? The alum would help keep it sturdy and not look so bad when scratched.