Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Overclocked

Default Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Welcome guys, to the mod log of my next Project, BF3 .3, there are many reasons why I have entitled this project BF3.3 I might get onto that later

First off I would like to thanks the current sponsors, some of which came on board before I even touched a screwdriver, thank you guys!

I will of course show pictures of products as they arrive

Anyways lets kick off with my rough plan of the mod I wanted to do, basically I wanted to make a nice Battlefield 3 mod, this involved one of my misses hand etched master pieces. Being battlefield 3 themed I also wanted to get the camo effect on the case, I also wanted to have some sort of realism into and that’s when I came up with this idea.

This was to be my starting block, although I am not quite sold on which camo route to go down, but it will be a desert style one.

The basic idea was simple, strip the level 10 GT side panel down to rework the side panel and rebuild it flush to the top grill to take a full length window with an etch in it, now I know a few will say the green does not look that right with the tan, but green UV is chosen simply because it is best at making the etchings stand out.

Oh the magazine in the side, I should mention that I plan to make this the security key and without it sitting in the slot, the PC power button won’t work.

Ok now we got the basic design out the way, I can start thinking about add-ons and other things to tie in with the battlefield 3 theme, but first I would like to start off with the etch. This process has taken weeks and is created using 1000s of dots to create the shading effects.

Original art work.

So here is how far we got.

One of the best etches she has done yet I think, although it has taken some time, once finished completely I will post up some more pictures of the etching, but next instalment will be the start of the rework of the side panel

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

VERY Nice etching!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Glad to see you here! I've been watching your etchings on FB (I'm Will Lyon/Custom Computercreations). Welcome!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Glad to see you here! I've been watching your etchings on FB (I'm Will Lyon/Custom Computercreations). Welcome!
    Hi mate, been here before though

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Hope you use the ACUPAT camoflauge and not the older styles.

you know since its BF3

hard drives fit inside a .308 HK G3c/G3 clone magazine btw

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/2...ines_66841.jpg

lol don't ask how i know that.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Hope you use the ACUPAT camoflauge and not the older styles.

you know since its BF3

hard drives fit inside a .308 HK G3c/G3 clone magazine btw

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/2...ines_66841.jpg

lol don't ask how i know that.
    Actually, Larger mag is needed for the security switch, its not actually needed for the room for HDD, hence me going for the inwin one. those are not wide enough.. also I have a couple of magazines, but not them I have gone for exacly same as the one in the gun it artwork and etch, in fact i am also going for the holosight in the etch, the kings arms silencer, the PEQ 15 and the tatical light... yes I am getting the accessories . but thats for another day and another post.

Camo wise I am open to all the desert types (if you goto appearance in BF3 under customise you will see all the deserts are availible), especially both USMC digital and non digital, which seam to be pulling ahead at the moment

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Actually, Larger mag is needed for the security switch, its not actually needed for the room for HDD, hence me going for the inwin one. those are not wide enough.. also I have a couple of magazines, but not them I have gone for exacly same as the one in the gun it artwork and etch, in fact i am also going for the holosight in the etch, the kings arms silencer, the PEQ 15 and the tatical light... yes I am getting the accessories . but thats for another day and another post.

Camo wise I am open to all the desert types (if you goto appearance in BF3 under customise you will see all the deserts are availible), especially both USMC digital and non digital, which seam to be pulling ahead at the moment
    You know in Afghanistan the majority of the troops aren't wearing "desert" camo. they are packing the "Modified UCP-E or D" print

I can ship you a Colt 5.56 magazine, but our forces also use the HK G3 as well, but we call it the PTR-91 here in the states. It'd also be the 10 round clips as you yourself i think would need some special s#%t to be in possession of a "greater capacity" magazine like a 15 or 30. (depends state to state)

The magazine in that BF3 photo is a 30R COLT PTr .223 magazine...hold on a second.

[edit]

Heres some pix of a spare one thats the same as the one in the illustration.

But HEY!!!

You'll also need your Class II with CWP to even be in possession of a real actual suppressor in working condition, or face a automatic class A felony with 5 years federal time, 125,000$ fine and they take it very very seriously in court You WILL go to prison, you WILL do the full 5 years and you WILL pay a outlandish fine once your out or go right back to prison.

That's just a heads up, laws do differ state to state, and especially country to country. But in the united states, Suppressors are pretty controlled seeing as its not a "needed" accessory for defense, harvest/hunting or home use. suppressors are basically only needed when your killing someone softly and that's automatically what the police assume when they see it...

Oh and you'll pay more then that computers worth for a real genuine insight PEQ15/a that the troops use (about 2,275$), knock off's can be had for like 100$ though for airsoft rifles and such. The genuine one is also military restricted. meaning that if you have your hands on it, the ATF WILL bust down your door, flash bang your living room and boot stomp the back of your neck if its discovered you are in possession of it.

Heres a link to a real one

http://www.opticsplanet.net/insight-...nd-illumi.html

You'll probably notice the giant yellow triangle warning that says "Restricted use"

Heres the cute fake one

http://www.airsoftarms.com/VFC-PEQ15...-in-Desert-Tan

i might actually go for a "barrel extender" and not a actual suppressor if your not already a gun nut with all the qualifying things you need to purchase and possess a suppressor.

http://www.amazon.com/JBU-Barrel-Ext.../dp/B002Y17JYI

I think those are aluminum and not plastic.

If your ever in oklahoma around june, hit me up and i'll take you out to this.

If you've got the $$$$$ for rounds, you can shoot most anything you want.

(That's my G3 clone sticking out at 1:03 lol)

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    You know in Afghanistan the majority of the troops aren't wearing "desert" camo. they are packing the "Modified UCP-E or D" printIf your ever in oklahoma around june, hit me up and i'll take you out to this.

If you've got the $$$$$ for rounds, you can shoot most anything you want.

(That's my G3 clone sticking out at 1:03 lol)
    Should point out that I am in the uk so the magazine offer would get me hauled up before customs and probably the police, Last time i fired a weapon with live ammo was about 15 years ago and that was a crappy SA80 with the dumb magazine release on the inside, so if you run with it the mag drops out lol.

So automatcally going doing the airsoft route, and even that is tough here, if it even resembles a firearm (real imitation firearm), there are certian laws that mean you have to go to a skirmish at least 3 times in 2 months to be able to hold one, or paint 53 percent a bright color, it is also against the law to have anything attached to a RIF...

My only saving grace, is the VFC MK18 MOD 1 is a Daniel defence and colt licenced product so it is 100% close to the real thing that you are going to get.

Supplied by VEGAforce Company (generic picture from web)

How ever next time i am going to be in the states with your offer, i will try and get on to you about the trip.

That etching is EPIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Gotta love US gun laws... Wisconsin is almost like Oklahoma. lol... I'm thinking about buying my first rifle this summer to go out to the local gun range.
    Not dead yet