Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    no not forgotten, although I have many things still to do, sorry to hear about your mod theiving fcukers
    lol thanks : )

And Hope you take plenty of pics while tackling that to-do list!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    lol thanks : )

And Hope you take plenty of pics while tackling that to-do list!
    What even a photo of my 1/6 scale boots, helmet and weapon for fallen soldier tribute that will be put some place on or in case?

What even a photo of my 1/6 scale boots, helmet and weapon for fallen soldier tribute that will be put some place on or in case?
    oh man that would be cool!

Especially if you vinyl the interior with the POW/MIA flag along the bottom.

Overclocked

Picked these bits up to make a Fallen soldier tribute in or on the case

Not sure how i will fit these into the mod, but I think it is a nice touch.

Picked these bits up to make a Fallen soldier tribute in or on the case

Not sure how i will fit these into the mod, but I think it is a nice touch.
    How big are those they look pretty small.

Might be cool inside a reservoir? *shrugs*

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    How big are those they look pretty small.

Might be cool inside a reservoir? *shrugs*
    not that small

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, still got to get case prepped, anyway I thought while were waiting,
    I thought I would show you how the case is getting on (this is only layer 2 of the artwork there are a few layers to go yet).

I cannot wait for it to be finished so I can carry on with the finishing touches to the mod, until next time (hopefully in the next week)

Overclocked

Well thankfully McNETT were kind enough to get involved in this mod, and supplied me with a few rolls of Camo form/wrap in multicam style,

McNETT are a us based company that supply all sorts of products for the hunting and fishing market as well as products for military use. You can find out what over products they make here http://www.mcnett.com/

As mentioned the product they supplied us with is camo form which is popular in the military as well as the hunting and fishing market,

This stuff is pretty amazing to be honest as it simply clings to itself, without having that Velcro feel to it, what makes it good is it also is washable and once dry it returns back to its stick state (useful if you have been rolling around in some mud, thankfully the rig won’t be doing that )

Anyway I thought I would start applying it to the weapon that is mounted on the roof of the case and this is how it came out.

What was also handy is it also made it very easy to mount the pressure switch for the tactical light on the foregrip.

I still have a few more things to do to with the camo form, but I need to wait until the building stage of the rig to do these, but I thought I would just share these with you for now.

While I was here I thought I would also show you these, which arrived from crucial

These are part of the Ballistix range (http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/) of memory, the kit supplied was a 16 GB quad kit so I set about making custom heat spreader stickers for them.

Ties in with my theme better I think, more updates coming soon as more stuff turns up for the project, I should also have a nice update on the case for you next week.

Overclocked

Oh well even the best laid plans go out the window when modding, this time bad weather and couriers are the delay. Anyway to keep your appetites wet I thought I would share a couple of photos with you before the case got lacquered.

The main side of the case, cannot wait to mount the etching in there, even though it will be one of the last things I do.

And for those of you that want a little close up of the tank

Will post some more stuff soon as the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight

Overclocked

Another day another update, got really lucky again this time with Bill Owen of MNPCTech fame offering up a set of his feet for the case.

Click Image To Case Mod Store

Click this Link to Machined Computer Case Feet Sets

you can clearly see why I wanted to use a set of these

Overclocked

Well guys Back for another update,

Not sure on bullets over hard drive compartments and will be removing these I think.

The back artwork is better than I expected, you may have also noted the Camo Form on handle and on security magazine, these looked way to clean when I first applied it so some aging was in order, I also aged the Camo Form on the weapon too.

I like how it’s come out if I am honest, and getting happy with the way it is starting to look, while I am here I thought I would I would show you that something that arrived from the guys at FrozenQ.

Yes it is there Dual Bay Helix res, with orange helix

The res feels well constructed and is hopefully going to match the scheme properly with the orange glowing claymore on the front. I know the shot most of you are interested in is this one though.

Very nice indeed and I think it will fit in with the mod just great, Ill post an update again this weekend, got a few 100 tiny things to do on the to do list