Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Should point out that I am in the uk so the magazine offer would get me hauled up before customs and probably the police, Last time i fired a weapon with live ammo was about 15 years ago and that was a crappy SA80 with the dumb magazine release on the inside, so if you run with it the mag drops out lol.

So automatcally going doing the airsoft route, and even that is tough here, if it even resembles a firearm (real imitation firearm), there are certian laws that mean you have to go to a skirmish at least 3 times in 2 months to be able to hold one, or paint 53 percent a bright color, it is also against the law to have anything attached to a RIF...

My only saving grace, is the VFC MK18 MOD 1 is a Daniel defence and colt licenced product so it is 100% close to the real thing that you are going to get.

Supplied by VEGAforce Company (generic picture from web)

How ever next time i am going to be in the states with your offer, i will try and get on to you about the trip.

Ooh cool! Just leave me a PM sometime (bring your PC and we'll lan party!!!1)

That video is why people don't invade america right there buddy.

specifically right around 0:58 is exactly the reason LOL

anyways you wouldn't regret it, at night its like everyone is dedicated to just straight dumping the clip, So many people are shooting it gets as hot as a summer day, mouth tastes like gun powder, can't see s@#t, eyes itch from all the fouling floating in the air. Not to mention the explosions so large they take down trees and a wave of heat washes over you.

and man...the shell casing.....the shell casing everywhere you step. its so ridiculous it makes me want to wave a american flag.

LOL anyways back on subject so we don't hijack your thread talking about kick ass machine guns and home made explosive devices.

Overclocked

What was the subject again

Done a little bit of work on the tower

(caption: yes Richi, this is exactly where you should start cutting if I was you, put the dremel in line with the window).. These mod kitties are popping up everywhere, get yours from a cat shelter near you

Measured up the gap between the side panel and top of the upper mesh grill slat, it was 15mm wide sticking out from the top, I had some acrylic rod (square) lying around that happened to be 10mm so I measure up.

This combined with a sheet of 5mm acrylic brings the panel out to 15mm so it will sit flush with the upper grill that lips over. Now that was done it time to start marking up and cut the side panel.

Side panel is now cut , the idea I have in my head is to wrap the etch panel, along the side in Biffenix uv LED strips, the idea is to keep that light separate from inside.

The way the side panel will work is that the etching panel overlaps the hole I cut above, so lights will be recessed once attached to the etch panels edge and should stop most of the glow from the uv lights from hitting the inside of the case. I want the inside to be dark and the etch to pop, but when you open the side panel separate lights turn on. (Just wondering if I should go down the route of pressure switch on this or push switch)

Also done the rough cut for the magazine security switch.

Just a bit of tiding up to do to get the edges smooth, I still have to prep for paint ect, but will need to do that as I get nearer to that stage.

While I was at it I also decided to mock up some keyboard, mouse and headset plan in Photoshop.

Hopefully I can get some more done at the weekend, just waiting on some bolts and bits to get to work finishing up that side panel.

man..

a mix of Green & Ultra Violet LEDS would look sweet, and certainly add that night vision look to it.

But hell thats just a comment, you know exactly what the hell your doing.

(subscribed to this thread and my buddies say your s@#t is 1st place contest winning quality!)

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    man..

a mix of Green & Ultra Violet LEDS would look sweet, and certainly add that night vision look to it.

But hell thats just a comment, you know exactly what the hell your doing.

(subscribed to this thread and my buddies say your s@#t is 1st place contest winning quality!)
    Adding the green lights wont make much difference anyway as it is some of the old A.C.Ryan acrylic I managed to find (glow spreads further in sheet than most), I think the combo of keeping the inside of the pc dark with the door shut will give that effect with dark inside.

I wont be painting any of the inside, before spraying I am going to take all the panels and plastic off the frame and mask it up, to keep it dark in there.

It will light up the inside, but only when you open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Adding the green lights wont make much difference anyway as it is some of the old A.C.Ryan acrylic I managed to find (glow spreads further in sheet than most), I think the combo of keeping the inside of the pc dark with the door shut will give that effect with dark inside.

I wont be painting any of the inside, before spraying I am going to take all the panels and plastic off the frame and mask it up, to keep it dark in there.

It will light up the inside, but only when you open the door.
    oh man that'll look sweet, i get what your saying.

My buddy said that you ought to use that textured paint before spraying it with camo to give it that look of GFRS reflective armor (like on the bradleys IFV and Abrams MBT)

Overclocked

Well did not get that much done at the weekend, really as I realised most of my drill bits were blunt, so I had to order some more, 1st bump in the road hit. Still I got on with it and done what I could.

With the 10mm square rod I had lying around I bonded a frame to the back of the extended side panel section, once attached I am going to probably fill the seams between it at the side panel itself so it is one panel.

Side panel build up ready, just need drill bits for mounts and once attached to sand it all down so it’s perfectly level with the side panel edges and the overhanging top grill..

Also something else I thought I would show you which should answer all the questions about why do I want to go desert camo.

Thanks to Vega Force Company (maker of licensed BB airguns) one of the sponsors of this mod for helping out big time with this, I had asked them if they had any shop soiled display models of their MK 18 Mod 1 AEG even a model that had no inners to create a replica of the weapon the soldier is holding in the art work and they were kind enough to come on board.

The idea is to create something like this that was completely unique in the fact the weapon at the top represented the weapon in the etch and the artwork.

Maybe not so bright on the orange lighting I think, but something along them lines, anyway back on point here is a lot of photos of the centre piece I received from them for the project I have added quite a few, simply because I could not believe the attention to detail in their product.

And the addons they were able to supply

Very nice bit of kit and very realistic to a point, before I show you some final pics of it assembled here is another item I managed to source off of ebay for 24.99 GBP! Go figure, yes it is only a replica, but a full metal one for that price was quite a surprise.

Some shots to show the sight actually works, even though it will not be used.

Now putting all together we have the final piece for the top of the case.

I think it is as close as I am going to get to the weapon the soilder is holding in the Battlefield 3 artwork (and also the etch).

Vega force Company make some nice kit and even though it is only a BB gun, the attention to detail on the weapon is superb, you can find out more about these guys and the products the offer at www.gb-tech.com.tw and if you would love something like this you will not go wrong with the brand. There are some tight laws on BB guns all over the world though and I suggest you look here for the legality of it all were you live.

Again thanks to VFC (GB-Tech) for supplying the centre piece for this mod who deserve their pimpage.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

That's epic! Great to have a sponsor chip in with something so perfect. I'm excited to see you integrate it into the build.
    TheMainMan

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    That's epic! Great to have a sponsor chip in with something so perfect. I'm excited to see you integrate it into the build.
    I was going to run a water tube through it lol, that was until i mocked one up and it looked pants

hey that's pretty cool looking., I'd definantly pop several caps in your ass if that was in your hands.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    hey that's pretty cool looking., I'd definantly pop several caps in your ass if that was in your hands.

Well got round to doing some more work yesterday, just mainly got the side panel done

Just got to put some elbow grease into the rubbing down to smooth it all out, Also thought I would try something out and found a little fancy dress item on ebay for a few quid/dollars.

Stripped it down to test placement roughly to see what it looked like (although this can change if it does not look right once the camo is done). Why I was there, I thought I would try a test fitting of the side panel with etch in rough place.

The window will be up a little higher of course once mounted as I did not secure it, just masking taped it in.

Why I was there, I thought I would mock up the HDD tray security system, this was done by using a small sensor switch and a bit of mechano to help keep the enclosure secure when inserted.

A clean up is needed, but I will prep this as well to have it done like the rest, Some one very helpful also pointed this camo out to me, so plan is to do camo like this for the mod.

Until next time guys