Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

looking extremely sweet.

looks like the Multi-cam flauge that the DEA and combat controllers use.

Overclocked

Multicam indeed, found a nice high res pattern of the sheet they use to make the uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Multicam indeed, found a nice high res pattern of the sheet they use to make the uniforms.

man thats gonna look sweeet!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    man thats gonna look sweeet!
    I Know, someone else pointed out to me, and once i saw it, i thought it is the best choice due to the fact its got a bit of everything in it... was also informed that it is also being offered to troops stateside that are going to affi.

I Know, someone else pointed out to me, and once i saw it, i thought it is the best choice due to the fact its got a bit of everything in it... was also informed that it is also being offered to troops stateside that are going to affi.
    That stuff is awesome.

Should see the adaptive camo they are stewing up now.

I guess the dyes in the fabic change from dark to bright depending on the amount of sun light they are absorbing.

ssshh... secret stuff....well sorta.

Overclocked

I love the multicam it goes with everything, I have also spoken with McNett to try and arange some multicam camo form, hopefully they want to be part of this, as it would be a nice touch to wrap some of the weapon and barbs in it.

I love the multicam it goes with everything, I have also spoken with McNett to try and arange some multicam camo form, hopefully they want to be part of this, as it would be a nice touch to wrap some of the weapon and barbs in it.
    They've got gun wrap.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/pr...name/CAMO+Form

It'd look official on the rifle, but probably not on the barbs!

Overclocked

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, and a case of the man flu and it hit me hard, was in bed for 6 days, anyway more to the point back on with the mod.

My first task was to fill and smooth out the sides for the panel that I had made, this involved some filler and a lot of elbow grease.

Now for the really crazy part…. After all that hard work making it even, you know its Battlefield themed so I have to now try to turn it into a worn used look.

Crazy I know, but I want this desired effect (darker effect in clear areas) to give that worn feel.
    Why we are here I might as well show the product that turned up as well, well in fact a few things turned up, I’ll just add one today and take pictures of the rest today or tomorrow..

This is the Calibur11 Battlefield 3 Vault for Xbox 360 Slim, by some miracle I managed to convince Calibur11 to supply one for the mod, just so I can steal some parts from it.

This is how it would look on the Xbox 360

It also is made for the PS3, In fact calibur11 make quite a few nifty themed products for both the Xbox and PS3. The second image above should give you an idea of the parts I am going to take from the Donor Battlefield 3 Vault.

One half smoke grenade and of course the Claymore

What is great about these, is the fact as with all the calibur11 vaults all the items and attachments are screw mounted on so you can place them virtually any place on the vault, the best bet is though that calibur11 will be offering the accessories for all their themed vaults separately soon and they have some pretty cool items that I can be seen used on PC mods. Check out what I mean here (http://calibur11.com/about-calibur11/.

That’s all for now but expect some more updates more regularly now man flu has gone

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    They've got gun wrap.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/pr...name/CAMO+Form

It'd look official on the rifle, but probably not on the barbs!
    Sorry I did not reply sooner twigs, I was actually thinking that and they just released a multicam version. I actualy had already blocked the idea of barbs done in the back of my mind and have decided to go down all black barbs, all black tubing with just the 1 tube from the cpu to gpu being orange, I am also planning a funky dual bay res converted into a singe with a orange tube running though it... crazy but true.

Overclocked

Another small little update with the sponsor packages that turned up.

First up a big thanks to Zotac who supplied the graphics card for this project

I feel so privileged on this mod with sponsors so a special thanks to Zotac for Stepping on board, I am not done yet though time to look at the second parcel that came.
    This time from the guys over at EK.

They were good enough to step in a supply

EK-Supreme LTX - Acetal

This came with the necessary mounts for the LGA 2011 platform, one think I noticed from the outset why putting this together (yes I know I only hand tightened the screws and one is not all the way down yet) the build quality is superb. Next in the box was this

EK-FC5X0 GTX+ - Acetal+Nickel

I guess you should know by now that I am going down the route of keeping the interior as dark as I can by using black products in the build, obviously I won’t be able to get everything in black, but I will certainly try. As you may have spotted in the group shot I also have this to put on the card.

This is the back plate for the card, why not necessary, for this mod and the fact I want to keep the insides as black as possible it is perfect, so let us get this on the card.

Next up was the pump.

This is EK’s own branded pump and will be more up to the job; they also supplied a mounting kit with it.

Now things are starting to filter through I can slowly see the project getting its skates on, hopefully I can get the case out and back before the holidays to show you guys some lovely pictures, but until then I will keep posting hardware as it comes.

P.S I might be able to get spray work done by guy that done my level 10, if I can you may see this.

You have to picture it though without the soldier or the writing in the artwork and just the etching with the background.. I am not yet decided it all depends how the camo looks on test panel once done. Decisions decisions decisions…