Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Overclocked

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Awesome work so far. keep it up!

lol to the hollow mouse.
    I know he he

Overclocked

First off I would like to thank Intel for stepping in with these parts for the build

Intel 3960X CPU

Intel DX79SI motherboard, and before I anyone says it, I do count myself really really Lucky to have secured their sponsorship.

Anyway back on course with a small update this time, first up I ran a quick test to see how the Etch would look in the custom side panel

I love the way it has come out and looks in test run, on the left is white LED strips, the glow on the right is from a UV tube in another case and shows the reason why I decided to ditch the UV as you can see it makes the actuall acrylic glow and etch, were the left side with white LED’s the light focuses more on the etch itself.

Also spent the day mocking up placement of tubes wires ect before the fans arrive

Please excuse the colour, had to shadow highlight the picture as it was very dark and yellow, hopefully the Fans will turn up this week and I can get this puppy up and running.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Looking steller man!

Claymore is awesome to, You ought to rig a wide angle laser in there so it'll look like the trip beam. (even though real ones use strings, not lasers...most everyone thinks lasers because o' video games)

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Looking steller man!

Claymore is awesome to, You ought to rig a wide angle laser in there so it'll look like the trip beam. (even though real ones use strings, not lasers...most everyone thinks lasers because o' video games)
    lol, lets just hope i dont get a lot of people walking into the claymore as they do in game (well i do pesky things)..

Overclocked

i got messed up the other night, its like the guy was following me in one map claymore done me 9 times grrrr

Been a while since I updated, as I thought I would hang for the radiator to do another update, sadly still not here, but it is due to hit me this week, anyway here is what I have been upto meanwhile.

After being let down with my fans for this mod I quickly reached out and overclockersuk stepped in and supplied me the fans I needed, Originally I had wanted orange bladed fans but when my contact suggested I use the Alpenfohn fans that have a hint of orange I thought no way until I saw the link. As the build is black and orange (with only hints of orange inside).

So Thank you to OCUK

I was pleasently surprised with the build quality of these fans, especially with the rubber like coating on the frame and blades. And up close they look very well made. The fans themselves come with PWM connectors as standard, but come with this inside the box.

What yo basically have is a 4 pin to 3 pin adptor, a molex adaptor and 4 silent fan grommets in the same colour as the orange hint on the fans, A nice touch if you ask me.

Mod wise I put the mouse back together, but not before I re hacked away and the mouse base to get the orange to bounce out of the worn trigger finger button.

Ok so first attempt at filling down the base to bounce the light down almost worked, so it was back to the drawing board with this.

( yes my hands are really that big and yes they are covered by modders tattoos (tattoos in this case means loads of little scratches and nicks lol)

Second attempt worked out a lot better with the glow finally reaching the bottom and having the bright spot in the middle instead of all the way to the back of it, this was done using a bit of foil stuck to the back of electrical tape inside the main body (only stuck to the back of tape so it was no longer conductive).

So here is how it looks in the dark

Next up was the headset, after wearing it down a bit I took the camo wrap to them

Funny thing happened just before I went to post this the radiator turned up!! So I went to town installing it and took some more pictures for you guys. So here are some pics, these were rushed so I could post this before trotting off to work.

That’s all for now folks, I am hoping to have some final shots done by next week fully assembled and up and running.

Overclocked

Messing around with different colour lighting one the window, made something wierd happen when you walk past the panel (sorry could not help myself and had to show this.

As you can see the colour changes as you move from side to side, but the amazing side effect makes it look like he is watching you and turning body to follow you too..

full pics here flickr

ATX Mental Case

Found you again Richie and simply awesome !

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
    Found you again Richie and simply awesome !
    cheers mate, its been a twisty road, still a few more tiny things left to do and a few more wear marks hear and there to do.

Overclocked

Well after a good few months and a lot of work it is time to show you what has been done, as the finish line has been reached, I know some people will have some different opinions on this mod as I had a hard time deciding where to make the right marks, scuff marks and loose cables, as well as adding scratches mark and even dirt in some places, I know it sounds strange, but I found it hard second guessing myself on this project.

Anyway guys here are the final pictures, I hope you enjoy, added some white edge on a couple of pics that edges were not clear with black background.

Now we have seen the outside and a few wear marks here and there, let us take a look at the worn used been In a battlefield look (excuse the lame pun ) inside.

The picture below and above should give you some idea of some of the work gone into this, you would not believe how long it took me to get the back panel and the bottom of the case looking like that, it’s a in use for months look that looks dusty and dirty, but you cannot actually wipe it or move it.

I think I nailed it tbh, but that’s my opinion.

Wear and tear on inner door hinges, as well as rough looking edge cut to tie it in ( I did of course plan to file down and add u channel, but it just looked too clean), I also done some nicks and a few notches on this edge (using small thin round modelling file) and loose molex pushed down into groove of at back of window frame, the actual molex is not needed as the lighting I done for the window (orange leds one side white the other) runs from the contact switch on the chassis (black wire next to hinge)

I know some will either like or love the rough and ready look, but again I had give it a Battlefield used feel as well so for me it was a must, nearly got a bit carried away with the used look though as I was going to take the sand paper to the back plate on the EK GPU block as well :O, but as I could not do the cpu block as well so I decided against this.

I am well happy with the used dirty look I got on the inner section, but yet keeping the actual components of the rig squeaky clean, I also love how the dirty industrial tubing looked as well, and I think it ties in nicely with the build.

Now let’s power it up shall we

Side panel without the Left sided LED lit up, and yes that is a green piece of acrylic looking like its orange

Now a few of the side panel lit up showing how it looks when walking left to right at the window

Thanks to the contact switch when the case is opened the lights cut on the windowed panel, which leaves the inside lit up with a nice calm orange glow.

Last but not least, the Keyboard and mouse, here is how they came out.

They keyboard is just right a small hint of the theme, but making it still tie in.

Have already had a bash with the mouse and keyboard gaming and all I want to say is manufactures take note a material side feels much better than a rubber or plastic one!
    I do have a little more planned for this, but that is once it gets back from its outing later this month.

I also plan to do a little video of the rig running, Until then I hope you enjoyed my take on a Battlefield 3 PC that has seen a bit of action.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

nice! +rep