Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Need a place to put thoughts for build

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Need a place to put thoughts for build

I don't think that is the issue. It is designed to cool a gpu and mount to a PCI slot. Per other pics and reviews I have seen, the res is suppose to be 99% full. It wasn't even close.

How it mounts:

How the laptop is right now.

**update***
    I just checked it after about 45min ish of playback and its still only at 33c!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Not being full is a thermaltake problem or do you fill it up? I'll take some pics tomorrow so you see what I mean.

Custom Title Honors

It is suppose to come full. So definitely thermaltake issue or person/company who sold it to me. I'll watch for the pic. Thanks

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

small update.

I know, surprise but another delay. I have to wait til this weekend to get my dremel to cut out the bottom of the case. I had started with a hacksaw blade but it quickly became more hassle then it was worth. Especially since I cant turn the blade.

Ok... Its kinda hard to tell because I have it filled so much but hopefully you get the idea.

Here the 2 barbs are vertical. 1 on top of the other.

Almost no air gets in to the suction line.

Now if I turn it 90 degrees and the barbs are horizontal to each other...

My pump slows down because the suction line is getting tons of air into it.

You just need to bleed the air out for many many hours. Run it and try to work the air bubble out to the res. They should mostly get themselves out but can get stuck in low pressure pockets in the loop.

On another note, is the pump for the tidewater on the water block or in the PCI card thing?I'm trying to figure it out and I'm thinking the tidewater might be a good base for a NES PC liquid cooled system.

Well the thing I wasn't able to sho is that if I drained out a bunch of water so that just the lower barb would be covered it would be better than if the barbs are side by side and only 1/2 the barb is under water.

Get it?

Custom Title Honors

Thanks for the pics and I see what you mean.

The inlet/outlet aren't as close on this res and beside a small bubble at the top now, there shouldn't be any reason for air in the lines anymore (unless it starts to get low and I don't top off).

For the tide water, everything is in the enclosure. There is 2 barbs at the enclosure where the tubes attach that lead to the block. The block can be changed. It is using 1/4" barbs/tubes.

Custom Title Honors

Good news / Bad news.

Bad news.
    Can't find the dremel.

Good news.
    Wife bought me a new one. Will hopefully have the bottom cut out by the end of this weekend. Today if i'm lucky.

Custom Title Honors

Update!

Still need to do:
    Get psu for pump, external fan, accessories.
    Build cooler pad.
    Lap the copper blocks.

Some pics.

Possible HDD2 location?

GPU Ram sinks

Test fitting.

How it sits now underneath.