Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a place to put thoughts for build

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Need a place to put thoughts for build

I'd recommend the Labtec LCS-600 speakers; however, they are hard to find and come by.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Looks like some are on ebay. How do you think they would sound out of enclosure? OR relocated to a project box to fit into my cooler pad?

If they are as good as the frequency response says, I wouldn't need a mini-sub.

*edit*
    While searching. Look for Labtec Spin 60, I found that is the same as the LCS-600

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

I don't know how they sound out of their enclosure; I do know that they're 8 ohm, 3 watt, 6 volt, speakers.

Awesome bass, though. For portable speakers.

Once I get my soldering done, I'll upload pix and a vid.

*Looks like those Spin speakers are headset ready.

**UK eBay link:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Labtec-PC-...39559846704157

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Thanks for the info!

These would fit into the pad somewhere, perferably the front as this will mostly be used on a desk of some sort. I will get a paint pic of what I am ultimately trying to accomplish.

Thanks!
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

You're welcome.

The Spin uses 2.5W speakers.
    (Cnet)

No wonder why the 600 has so good of sound. 6 watt portable speaker set.
    (3w speakers *2 vs 2.5W *2)

[rambling]
    W=V*A
    6=6*A
    1=A
    So, if you were to use a brick, you'd need a 6V, 1A brick.
    [/rambling]

I must also say, the right speaker isn't fixed to the MoBo; soldering for extensions is accepted.

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

lol, yeah, surprisingly they have good specs. When I seen them, I was like are you seriously recommending these? Then I seen the response and wattage and was like, thats not too bad. lol

Not sure if the spacing in your post was for pictures, but my work as blocked them if so.

The housing would definitely get pulled apart and somehow crammed into the pad... just need to make a cooler pad. lol

Thanks again.

For 10-year-old speakz? Yeah, not too bad.

No pictures; big gaps for me means lots of thinking, suspense.

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Haha, ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. lol

*edit*
    Also noticed the battery was a huge source of the overheating.
    13min into a standard definition movie is only about 55C at 800mhz. With battery, it would be about 70-75C.
    At 2.1Ghz, it slowly raised to 70C and was still climbing when I put it back to power save.

With a junk battery, I can just leave it out and use the space for extra hardware or replace with the 8800mah battery... hmm.

*edit 2*
    Here is a very rough idea of what I was looking to put into the cooler. For reference, I put the pump in there but if room provides, I will put in the location of the fan in the laptop. Obviously not to scale. The asterisk is the pump which may or may not be in the cooler. The mini sub is optional if I can find a good set of speakers that will work in the pad.

Custom Title Honors

Well, I think I might look for a good soundbar and try using the sub i found at my dads. Its from a CA 4100 4.1 system. It is a 45W total. Since its free and the

SPECIFICATIONs -----------------------------------POWER OUTPUT - 45 watts total Satellites: 6 watts x 4 Subwoofer : 21 wattsDRIVERS - Satellites: 2.5" high efficiency 4 ohm radiators Subwoofer : 4" poly carbon high excursion driver Ported wood enclosed cabinetFREQUENCY RESPONSE- 35Hz

You know, I just realized that I got two HP batteries collecting dust.

Both HSTNN-DB17.

Both lightly used, but haven't been used in 2+ years, since both laptops that used them are toast.

Tri.fecta